1991 Honda Civic CRX 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 1991 CRX Si

1991 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

1991 CRX Si
By Greg Clark on

1991 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

This is my seconds CRX Si and I absolutely love these cars.The interior is roomy,with plenty of legroom for both driver and passenger.The pedals are positioned just right for heel and toe downshift for canyon carving sessions on your favorite backroad.The lack of power assisted steering and 2100lb weight equal a car that transmits everything about the roads surface to you through the wheel and seat.Overcook it into a corner and understeer is present,however because of the short wheelbase, lift off the throttle too fast or trail brake and oversteer materializes itself in one hearstopping twitch.Otherwise the car is a jewel and I don't think I will ever get rid of it.

Favorite Features

Brisk acceleration, nimble handling, gas mileage, cargo room. Seats hold you in place during hard cornering pretty well.Great fuel economy.Good pedal position for heel and toeing.Great brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more power.Also, a touch stiffer springs and sway bars as the body rolls a little too much during hard cornering for my taste.ABS would be a good safety feature for hard backroad driving as well as everyday use.