Used 1991 Honda Civic CRX Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:

1991 CRX DX
By Erik

1991 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Hands down the best car I have ever owned or driven. I bought it with 120K miles and now have 192K miles on it. 45+ MPG on the highway, easy to drive in town. You can park it anywhere. I had to replace the clutch, very easy repair and only cost $117. It is tighter and feels more solid than my wife's 2003 GMC. It simply never has any problems. Acts as if it has at least 300,000 miles left in it.

Favorite Features

Mechanical build quality, Very easy car to work on, simple straightforward design

Suggested Improvements

Need to add a not for sale sign to it. They no longer build them

The Best Little Car I Ever Had!
By TripleJackInGA

1991 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a year or so ago. I paid about $500 over Market Value for it, but they're getting so hard to find in original un-molested shape.I have done very very little to it, except drive it, and even with 220k miles on it, it still gets a *COMBINED* 44.5 Miles Per Gallon!!! Best car buying decision I ever made!

Favorite Features

Fuel Mileage, Handling, Nice Exterior Design

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had cup-holders! It's also a bit of work for taller people to get out of, since it's low to the ground.

My Crx DX
By Crxbro

1991 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I have had the car 8 years. It has been the best car I have ever owned. The little 4 cyl is not a power house. But it still will do 70 mph all day long like nothing. As well as get 40-42 mpg. I now have 197000. It still runs like a top. I'm quite sure it will go to 300,000 miles easily. I hate to sell it it runs so good. It's the best work car I have ever had. The a/c works great.

Favorite Features

Very dependable. Good seating. Solid suspension. At almost 200,000 miles the shocks are original and it still rides wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

The only drawback is safety. if you get hit in this one. Your probably done for. It's not a young kids car. I think I would buy them a Volvo.

Honda's best (discontinued) car!!
By Opticon

1991 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Visualy, this car's exterior design is just amazing, and it's one of Honda's most aerodynamic. While most 2-seaters barely leave you with enough room for your groceries, this little car has an interior capable of transporting 2 adult sized bikes + 1 passenger (this is NOT recomended, however!) While the stock engine seems far underpowered by todays standards, at around 2k lbs and equiped with the superior dual-wishbone suspension, this car is quite nimble. Did I mention the gas mileage? Well, drivers of the HF model still brag about their cars getting 45mpg. To beat that, you'll have to buy gas/electric hybrid.

Favorite Features

Deceptively roomy interior, crisp dual wishbone suspunsion, ultra light weight, timeless design, and superior fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Got a family of 5? Then this isn't the car for you! How about a 160hp DOHC vtec engine, and power steering? That would be nice.

CRX the hottest car ever
By simplico17

1991 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I have always wanted a CRX. Before I knew anything about the aftermarket mods that could be done to it, the look of the car was so attractive to me. It is a unique car. I bought mine with 142000 miles on it. No problems and I have put another 3000 miles on it. I plan on completing a swap on it in the near future. It is a beautifully handling car, a lot of power (even with the 62 hp Hf), and gas mileage is beyond compare. Even with high gas prices I can still fill the car up with a mid grade and higher gas for less than ten bucks.

Favorite Features

Everything about the CRX is amazing

Suggested Improvements

Engine swaps and small upgrades make the CRX untouchable