Used 1991 Honda Civic CRX HF Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Civic CRX

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:

Yet another "best car I ever owned"
By Marilee Thompson

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

Handles (and looks) like a sports car, gets 43 mpg winter and 46 mpg summer, has never left me stranded or needed repairs beyond normal maintenance and a new radiator. A little slow accelerating from zero, but that's how it gets great mileage. On the highway it floats. And when someone tailgates on the way home from work, I toodle along until I get to an S-curve that most people dread, then let loose and leave 'em in the dust. Over the years, 4 guys have walked up to me or left a note on the windshield offering to buy. Alas, after 25 NJ winters, my local garage (wouldn't trust this car to a dealer) has told me that the undercarriage is rusting, so time to let it go.

Best car for gas and reliability
By tigerfury007

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I bought a used 1991 Honda CRX in 2009 this thing got 35mpg and fast quick sporty while doing it. Never once stranded. CONS: Little road noise in cabin only 2 seater but overall a great car sadly sold it a month ago to a person who needed a car and payed me more for what I paid for it. HONDA please bring the crx back in production!!!

Sporty design, plenty of room for a small car surprisingly, cheap to maintain, very cheap on gas.

Bad road noise sometimes

200+ miles and run
By crx2cruz

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I have a lot of fun driving my 91 CRX HF. It dose not have a lot of power, but it get some grate miles. I was getting 40MPG with the stock wheels, now I'm getting 35MPG that due to the large 17" wheels. I have had to do some normal services. Like timing belt, drive belts, ignition cap/rotor/coil/wire/plugs, and battery. clutch and trans bearings. I think the most expensive thing was the trans work i did at 200,000miles, i spent $400 on replace clutch, trans input shaft bearings, axles because they were out, and i have to say it was not hard to do with an avg. set of tools.

I enjoy driving it hard, taking hard turns, even with its low horse power out put.

The only things that i would like it to have is: AC, power windows, and cupholders. But even with out this items it great to drive and gets great miles.

CRX HF Rocks
By CRX_Rocks

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I've had it for 4 years and this car has been a great car! Low maintenance (no major repair), average 42 mpg (hard driving - lead foot), and fun to drive (even though it has low horse power 68 hp?, I can still easily go to 85mph and zig zag through the traffic at any time). People keep asking me to sell it to them. Although, I'm much older to drive this car, my heart is still attached to it. How come they don't make cars like these any more. I don't mind compromising power for mpg. After all, 68 horsepower is sufficient to pass almost every car in the cross-country highway. I can go over hills w/o much trouble. Got to love it. This car rocks!

Great MPG (42 average and I drive hard!) Simplicity, no mechanical problems (minor stuff). Rear design (the more I look at it, the more I like it).

Rear space/seating. Radio/Heater design/location is not ergonomical. No cupholders, but is hard to drink anything when driving manual. How about diesel engine for higher torque? That would increase at least to 80 MPG. Oh, and safety. If you're hit by an SUV, you're dead.

One of Honda's best
By stangbanger

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

This is the 3rd C-rex I have owned. I love the fuel mileage and the looks of the HF, but it lacks the power to pass on the freeway. Good car for mods, which I will be doing to this one. Best bet is to get an Si because you will have to spend some more $$$ to upgrade other models.

Storage room, Si seats, fuel mileage.

Needs more power!!