1991 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:
1991 CRX DX
By Erik on 12/29/06 18:52 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

Hands down the best car I have ever owned or driven. I bought it with 120K miles and now have 192K miles on it. 45+ MPG on the highway, easy to drive in town. You can park it anywhere. I had to replace the clutch, very easy repair and only cost $117. It is tighter and feels more solid than my wife's 2003 GMC. It simply never has any problems. Acts as if it has at least 300,000 miles left in it.

The Best Little Car I Ever Had!
By TripleJackInGA on 10/08/05 20:38 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a year or so ago. I paid about $500 over Market Value for it, but they're getting so hard to find in original un-molested shape.I have done very very little to it, except drive it, and even with 220k miles on it, it still gets a *COMBINED* 44.5 Miles Per Gallon!!! Best car buying decision I ever made!

My Crx DX
By Crxbro on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I have had the car 8 years. It has been the best car I have ever owned. The little 4 cyl is not a power house. But it still will do 70 mph all day long like nothing. As well as get 40-42 mpg. I now have 197000. It still runs like a top. I'm quite sure it will go to 300,000 miles easily. I hate to sell it it runs so good. It's the best work car I have ever had. The a/c works great.

Honda's best (discontinued) car!!
By Opticon on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

Visualy, this car's exterior design is just amazing, and it's one of Honda's most aerodynamic. While most 2-seaters barely leave you with enough room for your groceries, this little car has an interior capable of transporting 2 adult sized bikes + 1 passenger (this is NOT recomended, however!) While the stock engine seems far underpowered by todays standards, at around 2k lbs and equiped with the superior dual-wishbone suspension, this car is quite nimble. Did I mention the gas mileage? Well, drivers of the HF model still brag about their cars getting 45mpg. To beat that, you'll have to buy gas/electric hybrid.

CRX the hottest car ever
By simplico17 on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I have always wanted a CRX. Before I knew anything about the aftermarket mods that could be done to it, the look of the car was so attractive to me. It is a unique car. I bought mine with 142000 miles on it. No problems and I have put another 3000 miles on it. I plan on completing a swap on it in the near future. It is a beautifully handling car, a lot of power (even with the 62 hp Hf), and gas mileage is beyond compare. Even with high gas prices I can still fill the car up with a mid grade and higher gas for less than ten bucks.

Quality unmatched!
By Warren Colehour on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

A friend of mine had one and I liked the car but didn't like what she was doing to it. So I wanted to make one better than hers. So, I found a CRX and from the first time I saw it I wanted to drive it fast! After I had it checked by my mechanic and he gave me the okay, I bought it. I paided $4k. I over paid because it had only 76k miles on it and was in good condition. It only has a 92hp engine but don't forget that it's small and light weight. You can smoke Civics and many other cars. This car has a huge aftermarket too. Parts aren't hard to find. Gas mileage is superb! Over 300 miles a tank.

Build one again . . .
By iggyst00ge on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

This is a purist's car: it does very little, but what it does, it does exceedingly well. It was meant to be a fun car to drive at the expense of practicality and amenities. That's exactly what you get. There's no flash, it's reliable, and it's as fun as any car I have ever driven. It won't blow the doors off of the other cars on the road, but part of the appeal is that it can be driven to it's limits. A simply wonderful car.

Great Value,Great Performance, Great Car
By rmcdonne on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I really love the Honda CRX. Gets great gas mileage. Extremely reliable. Never have had any problems with the car. Only regular maintenance required (oil change, tires, brakes). I recommend the car very much. Drives extremely well.

The "Boot Car"
By Christine on 03/03/02 16:19 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I have had my 1991 CRX DX for almost 2 years and I still love it. It has almost 195K miles and the head and pan have never been off. I have had no serious problems with it and neither did the orignal owner before me. I am hoping to put the B16A motor in it next summer but for now I just have some bolt ons (header, exhaust, etc.) which have given it a little more pep and a few more mpg (my record being 47 mpg!!!) I don't think I will ever get rid of it! It is a great car!!