Used 1991 Honda Civic CRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Civic-crx - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Civic CRX

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:

Best car for gas and reliability
By tigerfury007

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I bought a used 1991 Honda CRX in 2009 this thing got 35mpg and fast quick sporty while doing it. Never once stranded. CONS: Little road noise in cabin only 2 seater but overall a great car sadly sold it a month ago to a person who needed a car and payed me more for what I paid for it. HONDA please bring the crx back in production!!!

Favorite Features

Sporty design, plenty of room for a small car surprisingly, cheap to maintain, very cheap on gas.

Suggested Improvements

Bad road noise sometimes

crx 91 si JUST AMAZING i <3 crx
By crx666

1991 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

this is the best car ever i bought it restored it fixed every thing ,,bout parts off ebay ,,did my own clutch work and am planning a engine swap i will not be selling this car and currently looking for a spare frame just in case

Favorite Features

handling and aceleration picks up to 110 like nothing ,,

Suggested Improvements

power windows ,,besides thats its perfect

best car I ever owned
By Denise

1991 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

This has been the most reliable car, and really fun to drive! I have owned it for almost 10 years, and love it. 40 mpg is awesome.

Favorite Features

SI version had upgraded features like the sun roof, love it.

CRX Si
By Troop

1991 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

The best car i have ever owned. I had a 1988 Si before that got written off, but i liked the car so much i wanted to get another one. I have never had any real bad problem with the cars and when something comes up its pretty cheap to get fixed. The car turns heads wherever i go and adding simple mods like an exhaust, lowered suspension, intake, keyless entry and power windows just makes the car so much more enjoyable. Bet purchase i have ever made

Favorite Features

The looks, quality, and easy to add mods

Suggested Improvements

Should have had the option for the 160hp engine they got in japan's SiR model.

200+ miles and run
By crx2cruz

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I have a lot of fun driving my 91 CRX HF. It dose not have a lot of power, but it get some grate miles. I was getting 40MPG with the stock wheels, now I'm getting 35MPG that due to the large 17" wheels. I have had to do some normal services. Like timing belt, drive belts, ignition cap/rotor/coil/wire/plugs, and battery. clutch and trans bearings. I think the most expensive thing was the trans work i did at 200,000miles, i spent $400 on replace clutch, trans input shaft bearings, axles because they were out, and i have to say it was not hard to do with an avg. set of tools.

Favorite Features

I enjoy driving it hard, taking hard turns, even with its low horse power out put.

Suggested Improvements

The only things that i would like it to have is: AC, power windows, and cupholders. But even with out this items it great to drive and gets great miles.