1990 Honda Civic CRX Consumer Review: Reliability and Economy at it'

1990 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Review

HF 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Reliability and Economy at it's best!
By Christope on

1990 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

This is a great late 80's early 90's high fuel mileage economy car. It's not the most comfortable for long trips, but it works wonders for my long daily commute. I've owned this car since 1989 (it's a 1990), and I still love this car. I have had the engine rebuilt around 290K, and the clutch replaced 4 times, suspension bushings at 325K, new tires when needed, but other than that, I have no complaints--those are norma lwear and tear items anyways. I currently have 821,457 miles on the odometer and look forward to reachingt he one million mile mark! Honda builds quality and reliable cars. Most cars well taken care of will give you years of reliable service! Way to go Honda!

Fuel economy, rock solid reliability, fun to drive.

More supportive seats, A/C standard, rear window visibility is kind of tough--blind spot mirrors help; but what more can I ask for out of a daily commuter. Not bad for early 90's/late80's technology!