1990 Honda Civic CRX Consumer Review: Re-introduce this car again

1990 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Review

Re-introduce this car again
By Patrick on

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I have ever owned, period. Its fuel economy is great at 33- 50mpg depending on my driving situation; great load capacity from the back hatch; style that 16 years later still has people commenting on and admiring; Mechanical reliability and noticable performance. I can still accelerate on an upgrade in 5th gear. My only regret is the harsh winters of the Northeast has taken its toll on the sheet metal around the rear wheel wells, but then that is the case with any vehicle. Honda would do well to reintroduce this car with all the millenium technology improvements. After 230K I am considering a new car but have hesitated buying. There is nothing that comes close to the CRX.

Style, great mileage, performance, load capacity, comfort, fun to drive. Interior styling is comfortable with leg room and seat witdth you would expect to find in a large sedan. Its a two seater so has a sporty feel while being practical.

Air bags, ABS brakes, Hybrid option are all good improvements to reintroduce this car. I would HD galvinize the body panels to make them rust resistant. The only negative to the CRX is its rear side visability which some creative design can get around.