1990 Honda Civic CRX Consumer Review: A Ringer

1990 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Review

A Ringer
By Pat on

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

Honda needs to bring the CRX back. It has few comparisons on the road today or in its day. I have owned my 90 CRX since new and am now looking for an new car and can not find anything that compares. Hands down my CRX beats what's offered today in this category in styling, handling, comfort, mileage (33/40), and interior room. There are more powerful cars on the road but at 92 hp this can still keep up in most traffic and after 18 1/2 years still accelerates in fifth gear while going up hill on the highway. Alas, winter salt has attacked the sheet metal (rear wheel wells and rocker) to the point that it is not economical to fix. I have 245,000+ miles on her and would get 50K or more I'm sure

Seats are deep and give great lateral support. You sit 'in' them not on them like anything offered today. Gas mileage is GREAT! Styling still gets looks. Std. Trans is fun to drive. Cargo capacity is impressive.

Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back! This time with ABS stability control, airbags all around. Keep it light and tight. Don't steroid it up and over price it. Be faithful to the CRX look too. You listening Honda?