1990 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:
yeah buddy!
By jesse escobedo on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

yeah it's a great car

God bless the Rex
By Hoffman on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

God blessed the CRX with light weight great fuel economy and the ability to swap various other Honda and Acura engines into it.The only car I will ever want.

BUY ONE!
By will.see on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I bought my CRX HF with 177,000 miles on it. In 7 months, I put over 50,000 more on it before someone failed to look before pulling into an intersection. The only mechanical issue was a sticky brake caliper. I get 40 MPG on the interstate, 50 MPG on the highway. My Civic hatchback had over 340,000 on it befor the engine went belly up(Even then. I sold it for $250, no haggeling, and it was in the paper for one day). This would have esilly gone as far. These things are getting hard to find - if you find one, buy it! I may well spend more money than it would cost to buy another car just to put this back on the road. They're that good.

honest CRX review
By arjay on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

It's a fun drive due to low profile, good acceleration, and good cornering. Mileage is good, 32 mpg - 37 mpg depending on whether I'm driving 'nice' or not. I've parked this car in amazingly small spots (helps in packed lots). By putting the front seat down and leaving the hatch up, I have also used it to haul stereo PA setups, lumber, and decent sized bulky loads...it's a good workhorse. Maintenance after 13 years: new engine mounts, minor oil leak, repack L/F bearings, replace ALL front CVs :(, and the most expensive replace everything that drives the moonroof (previous owner let it rust).

17 years and still going strong
By mh718 on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my Honda CRXsi new in 1986. It has been all over in all kinds of weather, including harsh winters (did great). No major problems in 17 years. I still have the ORIGINAL CLUTCH! I've put 160K on it. Time for a new car, but what? I tried the Mini Cooper, but I was put off by the plasticky interior and front visibility. Too used to my CRX. I left the dealership in my rusty CRX and drove down the West Side Highway, thinking I should just get the bodywork done. Now I'm looking at the VW GTIĀ—it almost even looks like a CRX, but I've heard some bad things. SUVs that have forced out the production of truly fun-to-drive and economical cars like the CRX.

CRX RULES
By Arthur Bryan on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

"This car is one of the bests cars out there."

The CRX was a great car. Bring it back!!
By crxbrett on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my '90 CRX Si back in January '98. It was a great car and never let me down. It's hard to find one bone-stock and in clean condition now-a-days, but worth every effort. Acceleration was great (0-60 in about 8.3 seconds, stock) Handling was superb, can corner amazingly well. It easily gets 30 mpg. Reliability was as usual, outstanding for a Honda. Unfortunately, it was totalled in August of '99. I still plan on buying another one some day.

great car
By zcrx on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

Overall a wonderful car. Great realiability, gas milage, and fun factor with near timeless styling and revolutionary handling this is a great car.

best first car ever
By Dave h on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

the crx si is one of the best first cars ever. even compared to my parents cars i would take my crx, it is sleek, and sporty lookin and for the price reliability and horsepower(108@6000rpm) it is fast. it runs a 16.1-16.2 quarter mile and handles excellant, honda should bring it back

"C ReX" best honda ever built
By CrazyArin on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

Ive just bought the car in Audust of 2002 and first thing i did was change the Engine/tranny/ecu to a Japan setup, the thing flies, i cant believe the power you can get from the crx...its got the B16A DOHC V-Tec...Ive had three CRX's before this one, and i still love them...except the COPS dont like me :-)