1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:
One of the geatest Hondas built
By Stephen on 02/22/10 18:19 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I have owned a CRX for going on 2 years now. It is by far the best car I have ever owned. I bought it with a JDM B16 swap in it. Even though it has a bigger engine than stock, it still gets about the same MPG, averaging about 28-30 in town and 36-38 on the highway. Having the extra power makes it more fun to drive too. Now having almost 260,000 miles on her, she is still kickin down the road.

A Ringer
By Pat on 03/16/08 00:20 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Honda needs to bring the CRX back. It has few comparisons on the road today or in its day. I have owned my 90 CRX since new and am now looking for an new car and can not find anything that compares. Hands down my CRX beats what's offered today in this category in styling, handling, comfort, mileage (33/40), and interior room. There are more powerful cars on the road but at 92 hp this can still keep up in most traffic and after 18 1/2 years still accelerates in fifth gear while going up hill on the highway. Alas, winter salt has attacked the sheet metal (rear wheel wells and rocker) to the point that it is not economical to fix. I have 245,000+ miles on her and would get 50K or more I'm sure

What more could you ask for
By Joe on 03/15/07 18:44 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I love this car, I bought it with 89,000 miles on it in 2004, it now has 108,000 (its actually an 88) and I fell in love with the fuel economy (38- 42 mpg) and the smooth 5 speed. It is a wonderful alternative for someone who has little money, but still wants a sporty car. It is a hoot to drive on twisty backroads with its light weight and sporty suspension. I keep thinking that an S2000 would be nice, but I keep reminding myself that this CRX fulfills all of my needs. Hondas are great!

old blue
By old blue on 05/05/06 17:52 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This car is known as old reliable. This car only require oil and gas. It avg about 36 mpg that is better than most vehicles today.

Re-introduce this car again
By Patrick on 04/06/06 08:20 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I have ever owned, period. Its fuel economy is great at 33- 50mpg depending on my driving situation; great load capacity from the back hatch; style that 16 years later still has people commenting on and admiring; Mechanical reliability and noticable performance. I can still accelerate on an upgrade in 5th gear. My only regret is the harsh winters of the Northeast has taken its toll on the sheet metal around the rear wheel wells, but then that is the case with any vehicle. Honda would do well to reintroduce this car with all the millenium technology improvements. After 230K I am considering a new car but have hesitated buying. There is nothing that comes close to the CRX.

Amazing Machine
By CRXTacy6864 on 02/23/06 08:33 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I am in love with this vehicle. Very happy with my purchase. I may put some money into furthering it's performance capabilities, but still very happy! It definitely has some get up and go for such a little car. Lots of potential! They should continue to make these beasts! they are great cars, and with todays technology they could be that much better than when they left off. I would suggest finding one with low miles like I did. there is definitely lots of life left for this car.

Great Little Car For The Money
By Civic Rocks on 11/30/05 14:05 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

The reliabilty of this car has stood out to me the most. I have had so many little problems with it, and its made it out of them jsut fine. It currently has 220,000 miles. It still runs strong. It's very fast, and gets great fuel economy. Easy to shift, and get parts for. It's cheap to fix, and cheap to fill up. Car has overheated a few times, and once overheated on my way to detroit. A 4 hour trip for me. I got about an hour away from home, and it shot up to H, and I still kept driving the 3 other hours. Made it there, and back without any hesitations. But I did do 110, on the way home, and it did start to rattle, so when I got home, it went in the paper. Sold for $800 in the first week.

Great College Car!
By Tuneman84 on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Bought this car from a family friend with only 63,000 original miles on it! It's an automatic, which I disliked at first, but I've learned to accept it for what it is: quite possibly the best value for my money. I now own a fun to drive, low-cost, easy to maintain car that will last for years to come. Not even any of that typical rear-wheel well rust yet! *Knocks on wood* On the highway this car really shines. In the 4th gear, it can cruise at 75-80 MPH all day.

WondeREX!
By Tholemu on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I've driven quite a few cars and the Rex's handling is way above its class. Eats the pavement for breakfast lunch and dinner and then again for a midnight snack. I recently swapped out my d15b DPFI motor for the japanese SOHC ZC which has is the d16a6 but with slightly increased compression and a more aggresive cam, good for about 12 more hp over the USDM Si version. Runs amazing but im using a weak clutch and conservative feul maps, so it still needs some tweeking. Once it's how i want it though it should run mid or low 15's mostly stock.

WOW !
By Second Childhood on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

My 1990 CRX was 14 years old when I bought it. It still looks great. My 1990 CRX had 128,000 miles on it when I bought it. It runs like lightning. Still shifts nice, accelerates superb, unbelieveable milage. I think it needs brakes but I like driving it so much I don't think I will ever stop again. Byeeeeeeeeeeeee.............. P.S. CRX's are getting harder to find. Mine is a standard hatch, 5 speed and light as a feather. It has a K&M cold air intake, performance exhaust, coil overs, sway bars, strut tower bar and it corners like it's on rails. After I added low profiles and nice 16"wheels the car is perfect. My little CRX gets "ALL" the looks.