Used 1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:

Second CRX this ones a 1990 DX
By Zack Turner

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Great car, mods are cold air in and exhaust, thats all, pulls about 98hp, great car for anyone. Reliable, quick, handles like its on rails.

Porsche japones
By yoshixd

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback Si 2dr Coupe

No es my primer auto pero este auto cumplio mis expectativas ampliamente .la verdad nada mal para un motor 1.6 pequeño q produce una potencia conciderablemente alta :D

el manejo lo es todo... es muy divertido, agil, respuesta rapida y como si fuera poco el consumo de gasolina

nada

One of the geatest Hondas built
By Stephen

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I have owned a CRX for going on 2 years now. It is by far the best car I have ever owned. I bought it with a JDM B16 swap in it. Even though it has a bigger engine than stock, it still gets about the same MPG, averaging about 28-30 in town and 36-38 on the highway. Having the extra power makes it more fun to drive too. Now having almost 260,000 miles on her, she is still kickin down the road.

The styling was I think before its time in the late 80s early 90s. I like all the mods you can do to it.Over all its a great car.

It would be nice if it was AWD. Maybe a 6 speed version. And power windows.

Japanese Racing Pod... :)
By sweet4suzuka

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 90 CRX Si new in Feb of 90 and I have never regretted it. I have thought about purchasing a newer car but because it's such a reliable car and runs beautifully, it's hard to justify needing another vehicle, new or otherwise. And it looks good, especially in red with the black trim. After waxing, it looks like a shiny lady bug. The engine has 265,000 miles and is as smooth and quiet as ever. Regular valve adjustment are a good way to maintain this. But it's a very well built car - built to last. I have saved THOUSANDS because I bought this car and not the Ford Escort GT I was also considering-don't ask me why. Honda is an Engine company that happens to build cars...

Smooth engine, Gearbox like butter, Good low slung supportive seats, Excellent driving position and visibility

Better sunroof design. Passive restraint belt-bad idea.

Most reliable car ever
By great commute car

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback Si 2dr Coupe

Well I bought my crx in August of 07. I needed a good mileage car to drive back and forth to school, this crx was a addition to me , it saved tons of money in just gas. The inside is simple a radio only no fancy perks. It currently has 132,000 miles on her and still gets up and goes like a 4cyl sports car lol. It is too bad they wouldn't make a come back , same design some model and motor. In all fair a great commuter car with the way gas is today .

5 speed manual , sun roof.

Honda needs to remake this car , but with better seats and use a newer 4cyl motor and keep the 5 speed manual. These cars would sell fast in today's gas shortage .