1990 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:
Porsche japones
By yoshixd on 11/30/12 00:09 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

No es my primer auto pero este auto cumplio mis expectativas ampliamente .la verdad nada mal para un motor 1.6 pequeño q produce una potencia conciderablemente alta :D

Japanese Racing Pod... :)
By sweet4suzuka on 06/12/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 90 CRX Si new in Feb of 90 and I have never regretted it. I have thought about purchasing a newer car but because it's such a reliable car and runs beautifully, it's hard to justify needing another vehicle, new or otherwise. And it looks good, especially in red with the black trim. After waxing, it looks like a shiny lady bug. The engine has 265,000 miles and is as smooth and quiet as ever. Regular valve adjustment are a good way to maintain this. But it's a very well built car - built to last. I have saved THOUSANDS because I bought this car and not the Ford Escort GT I was also considering-don't ask me why. Honda is an Engine company that happens to build cars...

Most reliable car ever
By great commute car on 02/25/09 13:38 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

Well I bought my crx in August of 07. I needed a good mileage car to drive back and forth to school, this crx was a addition to me , it saved tons of money in just gas. The inside is simple a radio only no fancy perks. It currently has 132,000 miles on her and still gets up and goes like a 4cyl sports car lol. It is too bad they wouldn't make a come back , same design some model and motor. In all fair a great commuter car with the way gas is today .

Awesome littlest car around
By siu_sl on 08/08/08 01:50 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I loved the style from the beginning when they started making them back in the 80s (and I didn't even have my license yet). I bought one brand new back in 1990. I babied it and drove it for several years before moving to a corolla as my girl-friend didn't want to drive manual. I kept the car and passed it to my sister. She wasn't very good with it and even ran the car dry with no oil in the engine. Don't know how long it was running like that but I was amazed the car still ran and no engine lights warning. I finally repossessed the car again after 4 years and it still ran wonderfully but the interior was worst for wares. I got married, had kids and sold the car. Broke my heart.

The Original Pocket Rocket!!!
By jDUB on 04/29/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

This was my first car. It had great performance and great gas mileage. One of the top 5 Honda's ever built.

coolest economy car ever.
By chris on 02/21/07 07:38 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

The honda crx si is a great car to have. there are so many possibilities for it. right now i just replaced the stock 1.6 L engine for a 92 jdm honda crx zc dohc. which is a straight swap with no modifications necessary. Right now it is the best car i have ever owned.

Flyin' in my Si
By ZoooooooooooooooooM on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my Si from a Chevrolet dealer in Decatur, AL, for only $500. Undoubtedly, the dealer knew nothing about this car, or it would have sold for a much higher price. I love this car. It's incredibly fast. I clocked it at about 6 seconds, 0-60. Weaves thru traffic like a go-cart. CV joints were clickin' when I bought it over a year ago, and they're still clickin'. Typical sucky Honda paint, but no rust. Sunroof sometimes requires several tries to open, but closes fine. Nice, firm, supportive seats. The shock thingy's on the hatch gave out, so have to prop it open with a 2x2. A/C compressor gone, gotta fix that.

God bless the Rex
By Hoffman on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

God blessed the CRX with light weight great fuel economy and the ability to swap various other Honda and Acura engines into it.The only car I will ever want.

honest CRX review
By arjay on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

It's a fun drive due to low profile, good acceleration, and good cornering. Mileage is good, 32 mpg - 37 mpg depending on whether I'm driving 'nice' or not. I've parked this car in amazingly small spots (helps in packed lots). By putting the front seat down and leaving the hatch up, I have also used it to haul stereo PA setups, lumber, and decent sized bulky loads...it's a good workhorse. Maintenance after 13 years: new engine mounts, minor oil leak, repack L/F bearings, replace ALL front CVs :(, and the most expensive replace everything that drives the moonroof (previous owner let it rust).

17 years and still going strong
By mh718 on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my Honda CRXsi new in 1986. It has been all over in all kinds of weather, including harsh winters (did great). No major problems in 17 years. I still have the ORIGINAL CLUTCH! I've put 160K on it. Time for a new car, but what? I tried the Mini Cooper, but I was put off by the plasticky interior and front visibility. Too used to my CRX. I left the dealership in my rusty CRX and drove down the West Side Highway, thinking I should just get the bodywork done. Now I'm looking at the VW GTI—it almost even looks like a CRX, but I've heard some bad things. SUVs that have forced out the production of truly fun-to-drive and economical cars like the CRX.