Used 1990 Honda Civic CRX Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:

Porsche japones
By yoshixd

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

No es my primer auto pero este auto cumplio mis expectativas ampliamente .la verdad nada mal para un motor 1.6 pequeño q produce una potencia conciderablemente alta :D

Favorite Features

el manejo lo es todo... es muy divertido, agil, respuesta rapida y como si fuera poco el consumo de gasolina

Suggested Improvements

nada

Japanese Racing Pod... :)
By sweet4suzuka

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 90 CRX Si new in Feb of 90 and I have never regretted it. I have thought about purchasing a newer car but because it's such a reliable car and runs beautifully, it's hard to justify needing another vehicle, new or otherwise. And it looks good, especially in red with the black trim. After waxing, it looks like a shiny lady bug. The engine has 265,000 miles and is as smooth and quiet as ever. Regular valve adjustment are a good way to maintain this. But it's a very well built car - built to last. I have saved THOUSANDS because I bought this car and not the Ford Escort GT I was also considering-don't ask me why. Honda is an Engine company that happens to build cars...

Favorite Features

Smooth engine, Gearbox like butter, Good low slung supportive seats, Excellent driving position and visibility

Suggested Improvements

Better sunroof design. Passive restraint belt-bad idea.

Most reliable car ever
By great commute car

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

Well I bought my crx in August of 07. I needed a good mileage car to drive back and forth to school, this crx was a addition to me , it saved tons of money in just gas. The inside is simple a radio only no fancy perks. It currently has 132,000 miles on her and still gets up and goes like a 4cyl sports car lol. It is too bad they wouldn't make a come back , same design some model and motor. In all fair a great commuter car with the way gas is today .

Favorite Features

5 speed manual , sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to remake this car , but with better seats and use a newer 4cyl motor and keep the 5 speed manual. These cars would sell fast in today's gas shortage .

Awesome littlest car around
By siu_sl

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I loved the style from the beginning when they started making them back in the 80s (and I didn't even have my license yet). I bought one brand new back in 1990. I babied it and drove it for several years before moving to a corolla as my girl-friend didn't want to drive manual. I kept the car and passed it to my sister. She wasn't very good with it and even ran the car dry with no oil in the engine. Don't know how long it was running like that but I was amazed the car still ran and no engine lights warning. I finally repossessed the car again after 4 years and it still ran wonderfully but the interior was worst for wares. I got married, had kids and sold the car. Broke my heart.

Favorite Features

nimble, cheap on gas, fun to drive, quality, roomy trunk (A 32" CRT tv went in the trunk with box from the store and drove it all the way home). Even the sales guy can't believe the little car was capable. Chicks do love the car. Unfortunately, I can only fit one chick at a time in the car. :(

Suggested Improvements

Definitely cup holders and Honda should resurrect production of these vehicles. They are a dream to drive around.

The Original Pocket Rocket!!!
By jDUB

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

This was my first car. It had great performance and great gas mileage. One of the top 5 Honda's ever built.

Favorite Features

There is just something about having only 2 seats. I loved the rear hatch.

Suggested Improvements

It would have been nice to have had the 1.6 DOHC motor that my 99 Si had.