Used 1990 Honda Civic CRX HF Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:

1990 Honda Civic CRX
By Jayson

1990 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

This is definitely the best car I have ever owned. The style, so reliable, the mpg, lightweight and fun to drive. I have mine customized and for a '90 still looks just as good as most cars on the road and still turns heads. Its a great summer car too, sunroof on tilt or off, windows down, and its all set. Can't say enough about how great it is.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, AC, MPG, style, rear window, lightweight, handling, sound, reliable, mechanically has been fine

Suggested Improvements

the rear quarter panels are rusting pretty bad, along with a lot of the car. :(

Great Bang For The Buck!
By Chris

1990 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I purchased this 1990 Honda CRX HF in April of '95 to use as a commuter car. I've replaced the seats with something a little more comfy, but this car is wonderfully reliable, gets wonderful fuel economy, and the previous owner added A/C (for those hot summer days). I commute 120 miles a day and have had ZERO troubles with this car. She's at 345,000 miles and still going strong (2 clutches, normal oil changes, belts, tires, and minor suspension work). HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy - averaging 50-58 on the highway; and around 40-50 in the city. Extremely reliable!

Suggested Improvements

A little more oomph under the hood. 62 horse power isn't a lot. Okay on the flatlands, but in the mountains... not so much. Seats had to go. Not overly supportive.

Reliability and Economy at it's best!
By Christope

1990 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

This is a great late 80's early 90's high fuel mileage economy car. It's not the most comfortable for long trips, but it works wonders for my long daily commute. I've owned this car since 1989 (it's a 1990), and I still love this car. I have had the engine rebuilt around 290K, and the clutch replaced 4 times, suspension bushings at 325K, new tires when needed, but other than that, I have no complaints--those are norma lwear and tear items anyways. I currently have 821,457 miles on the odometer and look forward to reachingt he one million mile mark! Honda builds quality and reliable cars. Most cars well taken care of will give you years of reliable service! Way to go Honda!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, rock solid reliability, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

More supportive seats, A/C standard, rear window visibility is kind of tough--blind spot mirrors help; but what more can I ask for out of a daily commuter. Not bad for early 90's/late80's technology!

yeah buddy!
By jesse escobedo

yeah it's a great car

CRX IS THE BEST
By CRX1234

1990 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

The CRX is a very reliable car for daily communiting. My CRX has 211,000 miles and I would still drive it anywhere. The 5 speed transmition shifts smoothly and tightly. The engine still sounds new. It does not use one drop of oil. It has great visibility from the cockpit. For having low horsepower, this car still moves along very fast. I wish they remade these cars.

Favorite Features

The corvette like seating (very low to the ground). The quick power and handeling.

Suggested Improvements

Remake this car! A small fold down back seat.