Used 1990 Honda Civic CRX Base Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:

Crx from the past old school
By Jeremiah

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

This car is amazing to me all around a awesome I had one years ago and I let it go but I got one back today 7-1-2016 believe it or not this little car was behind some guys house well not now I made him a offer now it's a live again I got this car for $560 bucks today drove it home and gave it a tune up and a wash & wax now it's back on the streets

Second CRX this ones a 1990 DX
By Zack Turner

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

Great car, mods are cold air in and exhaust, thats all, pulls about 98hp, great car for anyone. Reliable, quick, handles like its on rails.

One of the geatest Hondas built
By Stephen

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I have owned a CRX for going on 2 years now. It is by far the best car I have ever owned. I bought it with a JDM B16 swap in it. Even though it has a bigger engine than stock, it still gets about the same MPG, averaging about 28-30 in town and 36-38 on the highway. Having the extra power makes it more fun to drive too. Now having almost 260,000 miles on her, she is still kickin down the road.

The styling was I think before its time in the late 80s early 90s. I like all the mods you can do to it.Over all its a great car.

It would be nice if it was AWD. Maybe a 6 speed version. And power windows.

A Ringer
By Pat

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

Honda needs to bring the CRX back. It has few comparisons on the road today or in its day. I have owned my 90 CRX since new and am now looking for an new car and can not find anything that compares. Hands down my CRX beats what's offered today in this category in styling, handling, comfort, mileage (33/40), and interior room. There are more powerful cars on the road but at 92 hp this can still keep up in most traffic and after 18 1/2 years still accelerates in fifth gear while going up hill on the highway. Alas, winter salt has attacked the sheet metal (rear wheel wells and rocker) to the point that it is not economical to fix. I have 245,000+ miles on her and would get 50K or more I'm sure

Seats are deep and give great lateral support. You sit 'in' them not on them like anything offered today. Gas mileage is GREAT! Styling still gets looks. Std. Trans is fun to drive. Cargo capacity is impressive.

Bring it back, bring it back, bring it back! This time with ABS stability control, airbags all around. Keep it light and tight. Don't steroid it up and over price it. Be faithful to the CRX look too. You listening Honda?

What more could you ask for
By Joe

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I love this car, I bought it with 89,000 miles on it in 2004, it now has 108,000 (its actually an 88) and I fell in love with the fuel economy (38- 42 mpg) and the smooth 5 speed. It is a wonderful alternative for someone who has little money, but still wants a sporty car. It is a hoot to drive on twisty backroads with its light weight and sporty suspension. I keep thinking that an S2000 would be nice, but I keep reminding myself that this CRX fulfills all of my needs. Hondas are great!

The interior is very simple but very well built well. My CRX interior is in better shape than most, so that could be why I like it so much

I do notice some rust popping up in some places, but hey it's the late 80s. I upgraded the stock speakers because they were outdated.