1990 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:
Porsche japones
By yoshixd on 11/30/12 00:09 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

No es my primer auto pero este auto cumplio mis expectativas ampliamente .la verdad nada mal para un motor 1.6 pequeño q produce una potencia conciderablemente alta :D

One of the geatest Hondas built
By Stephen on 02/22/10 18:19 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I have owned a CRX for going on 2 years now. It is by far the best car I have ever owned. I bought it with a JDM B16 swap in it. Even though it has a bigger engine than stock, it still gets about the same MPG, averaging about 28-30 in town and 36-38 on the highway. Having the extra power makes it more fun to drive too. Now having almost 260,000 miles on her, she is still kickin down the road.

Japanese Racing Pod... :)
By sweet4suzuka on 06/12/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 90 CRX Si new in Feb of 90 and I have never regretted it. I have thought about purchasing a newer car but because it's such a reliable car and runs beautifully, it's hard to justify needing another vehicle, new or otherwise. And it looks good, especially in red with the black trim. After waxing, it looks like a shiny lady bug. The engine has 265,000 miles and is as smooth and quiet as ever. Regular valve adjustment are a good way to maintain this. But it's a very well built car - built to last. I have saved THOUSANDS because I bought this car and not the Ford Escort GT I was also considering-don't ask me why. Honda is an Engine company that happens to build cars...

Most reliable car ever
By great commute car on 02/25/09 13:38 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

Well I bought my crx in August of 07. I needed a good mileage car to drive back and forth to school, this crx was a addition to me , it saved tons of money in just gas. The inside is simple a radio only no fancy perks. It currently has 132,000 miles on her and still gets up and goes like a 4cyl sports car lol. It is too bad they wouldn't make a come back , same design some model and motor. In all fair a great commuter car with the way gas is today .

1990 Honda Civic CRX
By Jayson on 02/24/09 14:00 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

This is definitely the best car I have ever owned. The style, so reliable, the mpg, lightweight and fun to drive. I have mine customized and for a '90 still looks just as good as most cars on the road and still turns heads. Its a great summer car too, sunroof on tilt or off, windows down, and its all set. Can't say enough about how great it is.

Awesome littlest car around
By siu_sl on 08/08/08 01:50 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I loved the style from the beginning when they started making them back in the 80s (and I didn't even have my license yet). I bought one brand new back in 1990. I babied it and drove it for several years before moving to a corolla as my girl-friend didn't want to drive manual. I kept the car and passed it to my sister. She wasn't very good with it and even ran the car dry with no oil in the engine. Don't know how long it was running like that but I was amazed the car still ran and no engine lights warning. I finally repossessed the car again after 4 years and it still ran wonderfully but the interior was worst for wares. I got married, had kids and sold the car. Broke my heart.

The Original Pocket Rocket!!!
By jDUB on 04/29/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

This was my first car. It had great performance and great gas mileage. One of the top 5 Honda's ever built.

A Ringer
By Pat on 03/16/08 00:20 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

Honda needs to bring the CRX back. It has few comparisons on the road today or in its day. I have owned my 90 CRX since new and am now looking for an new car and can not find anything that compares. Hands down my CRX beats what's offered today in this category in styling, handling, comfort, mileage (33/40), and interior room. There are more powerful cars on the road but at 92 hp this can still keep up in most traffic and after 18 1/2 years still accelerates in fifth gear while going up hill on the highway. Alas, winter salt has attacked the sheet metal (rear wheel wells and rocker) to the point that it is not economical to fix. I have 245,000+ miles on her and would get 50K or more I'm sure

What more could you ask for
By Joe on 03/15/07 18:44 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I love this car, I bought it with 89,000 miles on it in 2004, it now has 108,000 (its actually an 88) and I fell in love with the fuel economy (38- 42 mpg) and the smooth 5 speed. It is a wonderful alternative for someone who has little money, but still wants a sporty car. It is a hoot to drive on twisty backroads with its light weight and sporty suspension. I keep thinking that an S2000 would be nice, but I keep reminding myself that this CRX fulfills all of my needs. Hondas are great!

coolest economy car ever.
By chris on 02/21/07 07:38 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

The honda crx si is a great car to have. there are so many possibilities for it. right now i just replaced the stock 1.6 L engine for a 92 jdm honda crx zc dohc. which is a straight swap with no modifications necessary. Right now it is the best car i have ever owned.

1 2 3 4 5 next »