2015 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Get all details from Dealership before paperwork
By Svaidya Ji

2015 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Honda warranty is only for 36K miles or 3 years whichever comes first. Verify the dealership has all the accessories (e.g. 2 sets of keys and proper spare tire in the trunk). Also ensure that no scratches are hiding behind the dirt on the car body.

Great fuel economy, awful seats, noisy
By Bob

2015 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The car is ok. It doesn't look good, but it doesn't look bad. Fantastic MPG (I regularly get around 42-43 on the highway), but you can't travel for more than an hour at a time because it kills your back and especially buttocks. It's snappy for a 4-cyl and the CVT works fine. It's quiet in the city and loud enough on the highway that you can't always hear the people in the car with you. The trunk is reasonably spacious but the rear seat back comes down in one piece (no 60/40 split) and the opening between the trunk and the passenger compartment is narrower than both the trunk and the seat that limits the cargo space more than you can imagine. It also has some hooks/hinges than come down and won't let the trunk close if it's completely full to the top. I would not recommend it, for the first time in my life as a car owner I'm looking for replacements less than 2 years into owning a brand new vehicle.

1998 better than 2015
By Don-Omaha,Ne

2015 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Do not like the headlights on low beam that sharply cutoff the top of light beam and reduce visibility, this is especially bad when going downhill and then the road rises quickly. You cannot see the roadway ahead. My 1998 Honda Accord had a much better ride. The 2015 Accord ride is jarring, stiff and transmits every small bump to the passengers. I have had small sport cars that have had a more pleasant ride. Lumber wagon is the best way to describe the ride. The heater controls and radio controls are needlessly complicated. Where one knob could control the heater, there are three! On/Off, Speed Up, Speed Down. Each is distracting, you have to take your eyes off the road to use/find them. It is a safety hazard just as bad as someone texting while driving. Knobs are easy to use, and do not require that you take your eyes off the road to use them. The radio also, has too many buttons, where one multi-function knob would do. My 1998 Accord had a multi-level center console, which made holding small items convenient, and a soft-touch cover over the cup holders, which made for a more tidy appearance. Also, the courtesy/safety lights on all the four doors that were on the 1998 Accord, were not on this higher priced version, even though there are cutouts on the doors where they were intended to be placed. Road noise is still a problem for Honda to solve. I once owned a 1986 Toyota Cambry, and it was way more quiet than this 2015, or even the 1998. Also,one last item: Honda has to do something about the car colors they offer! Boring is and understatement. Look at the Ford red, and then at the pathetic, washed out red?? offered by Honda. Limited interior color choices and the sad attempt to suggest woodgrain accents on the dash, with only dull black plastic, dose not carry the image of even pretend luxury, for cars that can cost up $38,000+. Doubt if I would buy another Accord.

Good family car
By B.A.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Overall I like the car. The inside is roomy and comfortable, I have plenty of leg room and even with a car seat placed in the middle back seat, we can still seat 2 adults behind. The ride is smooth but you can definitely hear the road on the highway. What I would say is that I am not impressed by the acceleration. That is something I will definitely consider next time I shop for a car.

Overall Love it but ......
By Shellie

2015 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Honda in April 2015 so I have driven it for a year now. Overall I love the car. I drive a 100 miles per day for work so I spend a lot of time in the drivers seat. The seat is room and comfortable, I have plenty of leg room (I'm 5'9"). The head room is ok I would prefer a little more. The controls and displays are in good areas that I can easily reach them or see them. The gas mileage is excellent, I average 27-28 with SoCal freeway/surface street driving. The leather of the seats shows little to no wear tear after a year. I often have issues with the Bluetooth especially when using Pandora. The ride is mostly smooth and quiet but if the road is rough at all you will feel it and hear it. When I step on the gas the car picks up and goes really well, I have the V6. What I don't care for is the trunk feels cheap, like there is no substance to it. The reverse camera has already had to be replaced because the clip was somehow broken when the car was washed and the camera was "hit". My picky self does not like the fact that I cannot lock the doors if I have the drivers door open, I cannot lock the doors if I have the key fob in my hand and leave the car on or running. I do not like that ALL of the doors unlock when the drivers door is opened. These things are a safety issue in my mind. One thing I was very surprised by and I am definitely not pleased with; the brakes are ceramic from what I was told and I had to replace them all after only 6 months and 15,000 miles which costs $300 or so at the dealer. I will be doing some research on this because spending $300 or so for brakes every 6 months is not going to be good. Bottom line; the good outweighs the bad ...... at the moment.