Used 2014 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Happy with the new addition to my family!
By Corissa Dill

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Nothing to know other than you'll be happy with this one! Honda has always done a great job and this car is no exception. I'm so glad to continue supporting them as a company.

V6 Fun! Ok Mileage, Crappy Bluetooth Support
By Li.F

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a pre-owned 2014 Honda Accord V6 EX-L last week. The good part: The car looks very stylish with LED elements, and the exterior design is timeless and future proof. The V6 acceleration is a lot of fun in a family sedan. Hwy MPG is quite impressive for a v6 at above 30mpg. The perforated leather seats are comfortable and the passenger space is very roomy. There is a lot of soft touch materials used at the right place. The active noise canceling works well for when engine speed is between 1000-3000rpm. | Now onto the quirks: Compared to 8th Gen honda accord which I owned, the storage area on the center console (below AC control), as well as under the arm rest has reduced significantly. The bluetooth works half the time, and when it stops working, you have to turn the car off to restore the BT functionality (it would not take calls or play music after it freezes). Gas mileage in city is always less than 20mpg. The automatic transmission also feels kinda jerky when accelerator is fully pressed. The power doesn't fully kick-in till 2-3 seconds later (after a couple jerks from down-shifting). Overall, I think it's a very fun family sedan to drive around with, but I just wish it can be refined better and iron out those software quirks.

The design is lazy and thoughtless
By Kmarie

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The Bluetooth works half the time and cuts the speaker and mic mid call, forcing me to randomly hang up on people, but not with the steering wheel controls. Oh no, not with those, because when the sound randomly cuts out, none of the buttons work and the call screen just stays there taunting me until I turn the car off or turn off my Bluetooth on my phone and then hit buttons randomly until it unfreezes. Either I have to deal with it until my destination or use my phone while driving, which I was trying to avoid by getting a car with Bluetooth. And when it does work, the speaker and mic are so terrible I can barely have a conversation. Plus, the road noise is so loud I'm often asked if my windows are down by people on the line. The lumbar support is ridiculously low, by at least 4"s on me. The media controls are so far away I have to lean forward in my seat to reach them, which is at least a break from the horrible headrest that forces my neck forward by about 45 degrees. The seat just moves weird too. After over 2 years, I still can't settle on a comfortable position. And it has the turning radius of an 18 wheeler. That combined with the inaccurate back up camera caused me to curb my wheels more than once. I drive dozens of different cars daily and haven't hit a curb in years. I gave up using my car port since it's too narrow to turn in to unless the spots opposite are empty. It has enough space in the cabin for passengers, which is a plus, but it feels excessively bulky. Back to the rearview camera, the guides that are supposed to show you the trajectory of you car, are off by at least 12". Backing up straight, the curbside lines are way too narrow, which defeats the whole purpose. I'm guessing no one told them that the lines are actually meant to serve a purpose? I'll help them out, it's supposed to help you avoid obstacles AND show you accurate clearance so when you're trying to park just so far from a curb you can aim appropriately. You're not supposed to show them they are a foot from the curb when their wheel starts grinding on cement.

Great Car crappy CVT
By ryan

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I use the car for work and drive 30K a year! I have owned several CVT vehicles before this and this by far has the worst CVT I have ever owned. Car shutters until warmed up and I recently lost reverse until warmed up. Honda dealer replaced the valve body in the CVT as that is Hondas fix for the Accords and CRV's with this issue. This is a common problem in the 13-14 Accord and CRV. I now have reverse again however the shutter is still there. Besides the CVT its a great car! This is probably my fourth or fifth Honda and up to this car Honda for me meant reliability and resale. This will be my last Honda as the reliability is a real concern. I just bought my wife a 16 Pathfinder Platinum as the Pilot Elite has known transmission issues as well. Sorry Honda you lost me as a customer!

Reliable at an Affordable Price
By Fred Cardi

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Great car with excellent mpg. On a recent trip to Canada we averaged 38mpg. The only minor complaint that I have is the passenger front seat is uncomfortable on an extended drive. I had hoped the cabin noise would be quieter with less road noise.