65 of 112 people found this review helpful
Unique features stand out
By indicar3 on
2014 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I took more than one year to buy new car and in between I was going through numerous reviews, Test Rides and friends experiences (Whoever bought any car brand in 1st week they were blown away but after some time you can see them back to reality).
SUV or Car: In my purchase process I was first confused to go with Sedan or SUV. My daily Driving is 70 miles RT and compact crossover SUV failed to impress me in front of Midsize sedans so finally decided to go with Car.
I have 2002 Camry. In 2012 I was almost sure to buy Camry but as time goes I took test ride of Nissan Altima 2013, Kia Optima 13, Sonata 13, Toyota Camry 13 and Accord 13.
After major changes in accord
1. Overall Quality, Performance, Instrument Panel and Design: When I compared Camry as long as interior design concerned, Camry is nowhere closer to Accord. Dashboard Design is awesome, Big screen is mind blowing (non touch screen though) but position and layout is very cool.
2. Comfort: I felt Both Cars are same
3. Features and Style: Style doesnt have any measurement. Accord has lots of bells and whistles, chrome plating looks cool and car style and ride quality is aggressive. New Accord looks is another factor to shift me from Camry.
4. Fuel Economy: Second best in midsize car
5. Features & Accessories Quality
6. Car Height
7. Safety and Resale Value
1. 60/40: In Accord Rear Seat not 60/40 split, never mind I dont use that frequently.
2. Audio: Car Audio quality is good but not great.
3. Trunk space: Not impressed with layout as older cars has low bed, big opening and better shape to fit 3 check-in bags but new shape is not efficient even though Camry and Accord has biggest cargo space.
4. Reliability in log run: hmm when I went through car complaints, I saw lot of issues reported but ~90% complaints were related to Seat comfort and Audio in old Accords
In current market Honda Accord offers best value for money, it has excellent features and feels like premium level car, it crushed all the competitors. Accord has more Pros than cons