They just keep getting better....
By treeguybob on
2014 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
Our 2014 Accord EX-L Navi is our fourth Accord, and our seventh Honda. So far, this 2014 Accord is the best ever. Superb seats, roomy, quiet, peppy, and an overall resounding ring of quality. In reading other '14 Accord reviews, I note a range of complaints...and well many of these complaints may be well founded, one must recognize the Accord for what it is...for it's value. What other car could I buy like this for less than $27K! We have owned several BMW's and other "luxury" vehicles. Most have been a bit nicer than the Accord, but when rating any of them relative to their initial cost and maintenance costs, all fail to remotely compare to the amazing value of the Accord.
Favorite Features
Styling, comfort, spaciousness, lack of squeaks, rattles, fantastic mileage (we're averaging 37.2 mpg overall!!), Honda reputation and overall build. Last summer we toured the new Greensburg IN Honda plant. Having worked in several plants, and visited even more, words cannot express the efficiency, positive employee demeanor, cleanliness, and technology of this plant. Yes, I realize my Accord came from the Marysville OH plant. The only other manufacturing facility I have witnessed that approached Honda was the BMW motorrad plant in Berlin.
Suggested Improvements
I am at a loss for suggested improvements, but do wonder why the conventional automatic transmission was dropped in the 2.4L 4 cyl. and replaced with the CVT. Time will tell as to the longevity and overall performance of the CVT. Also, perhaps showing my age, a bit more intuitive user controls would be helpful...although I'm certain that once my learning curve is met, all will be well.