Terrible Audio
By olivander on
2014 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
This Honda Accord has a terrible audio system. It is junk. I did not realize how bad it was or else I would not have purchased the vehicle. I commute 90 minutes each day and the audio is important. The radio had excess static . There is no subwoofer. The speakers are tinny, muffled. When the sunroof is open and driving on the highway, I can't hear the sound! I don't understand why Honda would not offer a better system in such an expensive car without having to buy leather options. I would like Honda to offer a remedy to this problem in my current vehicle. If not, I will not buy another Honda again. (I had been a Toyota owner for 20 YEARS! Unfortunately, it may be my last.
Favorite Features
It is a reliable car and drives well. The fuel economy is good. But the audio is a deal breaker.
Suggested Improvements
A decent audio system, better speakers and a subwoofer.
By ajsmsg78
on 06/27/14 23:14 PM (PDT)

You should have upgraded to the EX-L. The 380w audio system hits hard and sounds GREAT!

By gn842
on 09/16/14 18:38 PM (PDT)

You can tell something is wrong with the sound right off the bat because with OEM default settings the sound is all in the front. I'm a classical music buff and I had the same issues with a tinny sound on the ride home. After I figured out how to use the screen and settings, I moved the fade four clicks to the rear till the sound balanced. I upped the bass four clicks, and I upped the treble 2 clicks. The sound now is quite good and my worries have vanished. So I hope you fiddle a bit with the default settings because somehow they set the sound system to defaults that don't show off its capabilities. Your key here is to move more of the sound output towards the back I think you'll be a lot happier.

By wiseoldfart
on 10/09/14 17:05 PM (PDT)

I thought about both the Accord and Mazda6 when the latest models appeared. Then I saw complaints about Accord reliability and road and wind noise in both the Mazda6 and Accord and decided to wait until something quieter than my fairly quiet 2012 Camry LE I-4 came out. Then came the 2015 Camry. Toyota listened to complaints and decided to make this new car "Lexus" quiet, even though it wasn't all that noisy. Not only that, they tightened the chassis, tweaked the suspension, steering, and improved brake feel. The 2015 Camry SE I-4 appears to be just right for me. I'll probably buy one after 3 trouble-free years in my current Camry.