2014 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Supple Ride???

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Supple Ride???
By dawnsxtc on

2014 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My recent purchase of a 2014 Honda Accord EXL-V6 was my first for this make and probably my last. The car has the most value per dollar of any others we looked at including Avalon, Lexus 350kRX, Altima, Chevy Impala, Ford models, Infiniti G-37 and Q50. Interior and exterior design is first class, controls are easy to use, very roomy interior and comfortable seating, large trunk space, etc. And the ride is like a dream...a very, very, bad dream. Whoever decided that family sedans should have a sport or firm suspension system need to have his head examined. Unless the streets and highways are new and exceptionally smooth, the ride almost shakes the fillings out of my teeth.

Two screen Nav and audio, voice recognition controls, steering wheel controls, spacious rear seat and trunk. Exterior and interior design. Memory setting for two drivers, sun roof, dark carpeting,

Design a suspension system that provides a smoother ride that doesn't compromise driving characteristics. The dealers service department indicated that most new vehicles are equipped with a sportier ride. Not for this guy. I've got a 25 year old Nissan Maxima and a 2002 Ford Expedition that are a lot more comfortable to drive that the Honda.