2014 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Significant Road Noise

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Significant Road Noise
By sam3840 on

2014 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The road noise is so great in my $32,000 Honda Accord that my husband will not travel with me. I went to Winter Haven FL Honda dealer about the road noise when traveling above 60mph. In short.. They said I had to live with it because it was the nature of the car. My 2006 Honda Accord did not have this type of road noise.

Better grade of tires

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By ohheck
on 10/13/14 11:02 AM (PDT)

As moonkat says, $32k for and Accord LX? My 2014 Accord EX-L only listed for $29k. Plus, although it's not as quiet at my Buick Verano, it's very quiet in town and what small road/highway noise there is, is most likely due to the low rolling resistance Goodyear Assurance Fuel Saver tires.

By andyoo
on 05/14/14 11:25 AM (PDT)

all car at this range has noise. get a v6 if noise is so important.

By moonkat
on 10/10/14 15:37 PM (PDT)

You have a $32k Accord LX?

By wiseoldfart
on 10/09/14 16:06 PM (PDT)

I had a 1997 Maxima for 15 years. I kept it for so long because it was so quiet on the road. I traded it in for a 2012 Camry LE I-4. My Camry has more road noise than I'd like, but it's not as bad as the Accord or Mazda6. Fortunately, Toyota heard the complaints and took care of road and wind noise in the 2015 Camry. Not only that, they solidified the chassis and tweaked the suspension, steering, and brakes to make this car more fun to drive. It's no BMW 3, but what do you want for 23 grand? Toyota also upgraded the interior materials and gauges with just a small increase in price. I'll most likely be buying a 2015 Camry SE I-4. I want a QUIET, reliable car with a nice ride, decent handling, and a high resale value. The 2015 Camry SE appears to be just what I'm looking for. I saw it in person and don't really mind the aggressive front grille.