2014 Honda Accord Consumer Review: It's only day one, but I think

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Sport Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

It's only day one, but I think I'm in love
By hondaluvrva on

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have never posted a review on anything in my 38 years on Earth, but I had to throw my thoughts on this car out there in the universe. I purchased a 2014 Sport model with the 6 speed manual. It is a comfortable, precise, economical, and believe it or not, for a family sedan it's a hoot to drive. I will continue to purchase manual transmissions until they are phased out. I must say that the shifter in this car is the best I've ever had the pleasure to row. If Honda can only toss in a better sounding radio and a sunroof, I think it could create world peace. If you can't drive stick you owe it to yourself to get out of your comfort zone. It's that good.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are as follows: * shifter (can't emphasize that enough) * position * sublime view from the driver's seat * comfort * economy * room * precision feel of every knob and switch * seat fabric that looks like it will wear better than the fabric on my couch

Suggested Improvements

I realize that manual transmissions are a dying breed, but I believe there are enough of us out there that would like the following when picking a manual equipped Sport Model * at least 1 or 2 other exterior color selections * I'm no audiophile, but the radio needs to go to charm school * GPS should be offered * A sunroof should make its way to the options list on this model Other than that weld the hood shut and drive it for a decade or two.
By goduto
on 04/27/14 11:15 AM (PDT)

I have had over 50 years on this plant and have seldom been inspired to write a review. I own a 2014 Accord EX with the 6 speed manual and a sunroof. My trade in was a 2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS. Prior to the Buick I had a 2008 Cadillac STS with a V8. Why the Accord? While I enjoyed the luxury of the last two cars I decided I wanted a bit more fun and way better gas mileage. I considered a Mustang, Camaro, or Challenger - but they were just too cliche for a mid life crisis. The four banger Accord is surprisingly quick with the stick, and some of the credit certainly goes to the 4:11 rear-end. But the motor is anxious to rev also, truth be told this thing would keep up or out run my 1982 Mustang GT I bought new in the fall of 1981. But the Accord also gets great gas mileage, has front wheel drive that goes anywhere in the snow and many other attributes that 'stang lacked. I could not give up the sunroof, so I did not go with the Sport model, I wanted to make sure folks understood the Sport only brings about 4-5 more horsepower and 1 ft lb of torque to the table. Now back in the day when I bought my GT it was sans AC so it would be quicker, but now I want a taste of luxury with my sportiness. So I recommend forgoing the tiny bump in power and opting for the sunroof and slightly softer EX ride if you are like minded. Love this new toy, I feel 21 again. It's the little blue pill I can drive.

By gn842
on 09/16/14 18:42 PM (PDT)

The sound system is greatly improved by moving the fade so more of the sound comes from the rear speakers. Then up the bass four clicks and the treble two clicks. I think you'll be surprised at how much better it gets (I was).