Great enthusiasts car
By bgsntth on
2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
I only have 1K miles on it. I bought the Sport because it was one of the few vehicles that was offered in a Manual transmission, was fun to drive, had enough room in the rear seats for teenagers, and I could fit comfortably (6'3" and 210lbs). It is a lot of fun to drive - even with a good portion of my 60 mile round trip commute being in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Gear change and clutch is one of the best I have experienced - slightly behind my old Miata, but better than my prior Cayman. It does not like to be rushed, however. Handling is a surprise. Very taunt with little bodyroll, but will begin to understeer at the limits. The ride is perfect - firm, but soaks up all bumps.
Favorite Features
Passenger room front and rear. Trunk space. Very fun and engaging to drive. Nice clutch and gear change. Great gas mileage 28-30mpg driving energetically and 50% bumper-to-bumper traffic. Driver's seat is very comfortable. The Sport package has to be one of the best values for the enthusiast in the automotive world. I paid $22,005 - golly!
Suggested Improvements
I miss my creature comforts. Would have really liked to be able to add heated seats and rear-view mirrors, HomeLink, and a better Stereo. Honda should think about swapping the cloth upholstery for pleather, as used in the Mazda6 Touring. The stock floor mats are very cheap - replaced with WeatherTech liners all around. The stock Bridgestone RE97ASs retard the way the Sport drives. I replaced them with Nokian zLine tires, and they have made the Sport better in everyway; especially, in terms of wet-weather traction and hydroplane resistance. Great upgrade to bring-about the Sport's true potential.