2014 Honda Accord Consumer Review: 2014 Honda Accord LX

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

2014 Honda Accord LX
By peripatetic on

2014 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After going through hell with an old German car, I decided to get a new car. This one was it. I drive approximately 30-50 Thousand miles a year so long term reliability was my key. You cannot go wrong with this car. So far so good. I already have almost 3,000 miles. With the exception of the ride quality my suggested improvements are few.

Value, Handling, Reliability, Refinement, Room for Passengers....

Ride, Ride, Ride! For a family car, the ride is overly firm in city driving. I had an aftermarket "light racing" suspension on my old car and it was much better than this ride. I am not asking for a Camry ride, but come on Honda you can do better...and this has 16 inch wheels. Road and Wind noise has been reduced, but it is still there (minor issue). Signal stalk could be a little smoother (seems a little unrefined, again minor issue). Where is the locking glovebox? Seat material is cheap and stains easily.
By sjj1
on 04/24/14 20:10 PM (PDT)

I recently (2 weeks ago) bought a Honda Accord EX. I found it very complicated getting into a car with all the new electronic features. Push button start, complicated radio, etc., all of which I'm getting use to. The thing that bothers me most about the Accord is the ride. It's very rough and noisy. Every bump in the road is felt and heard. Sometimes I feel like I'm driving an old truck. I definitely regret my decision and am already thinking of what else I could replace it with.

By issyw
on 06/07/14 06:08 AM (PDT)

I have a two week old 2014 Accord, and I also notice there is no locking glove box. Even water make immediate stains on the seats. Did Honda designers missed these simple items.

By vincent33
on 11/03/14 14:07 PM (PST)

I forgot to mention in my review the PUSH BUTTON ENTRY/START is WORTH EVERY EXTRA PENNY!!! I get in and out of the car a lot each day... I can't go back to messing with a Fob. WORTH EVERY PENNY!