My 8th Honda (my 5th Accord)
By accdguy13 on
2014 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I purchased my 5th Accord (an EX-L coupe with Navigation ) this past month. The 9th generation Accord is different from the 8th generation (2008-2012) model in every possible way mechanically. The current Accord features electric steering versus the prior models power hydraulic system, the double wishbone suspension gone in favor of a new strut based suspension. The traditional geared automatic - gone in favor of a CVT (gear-less belt driven) transmission. The engine features Honda's first direct injection system instead of port injection. Add all of this together- and it's a vastly different Accord (yet seems to retain the most loved attributes of all Accords since is 1976 introduction.
Favorite Features
Smoother, quieter ride. More low end power (torque), technological features such as push button start, smart key access. Back-up camera, Lane departure warning, forward collision warning, blind spot camera. Built in 16 gigabyte hard drive (for navigation equipped models). Smooth steering.
Suggested Improvements
Smoothness of CVT transmission when decelerating from 15 to 0 miles per hour, and when accelerating in econ mode from 5 to 25 miles per hour.