2014 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Nice car......too bad about th

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L w/Navigation Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Nice car......too bad about the seats
By motorman409 on

2014 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned this car for 7 days, and even though I love the ride, power, CVT, looks, and all the other stuff, the bucket seats are awful.
I am 6 feet tall, 195 lbs, and there is no way to adjust the seat to fit my size. The seats are built for a small framed person (like my wife, 5'7 130 lbs). When I sit in the drivers seat I actually sit up on it, with no butt support, and no back support. The drivers seat is crippling me. The back seats are much flatter, and better. Take the car for longer than a 15 minute test drive, or rent one for a weekend. I made an expensive mistake.
This is now 28 months later.
I got rid of the Honda after 1 month of ownership, took a huge beating on it, but I upgraded to a Volvo S60 AWD, and it is the best thing I could have done. My back is back, and the Volvo is a pleasure to drive.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By richardrp
on 03/28/15 12:35 PM (PDT)

I'm 5'11" 215 lbs . I have the EXL without Nav but the seat electric adjusts for height (raises up or down), tilts forward or back, back rest is adjustable forward or back, has an adjustable Lumbar support, and a 2 position memory setting . Yours should do the same . Try sitting in the center of the seat instead of the left edge and make adjustments . Should cure your problem .