I just don't get it...
By glastonbury on
2014 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
I have a 2014 EX-L Accord that 15 years ago would have been pure fantasy (esp,, the gas mileage, engine technology, etc). I just don't see where you can nit-pick too much an a car that was built with the minds of a likely very anal retentive group of designers. Here are a few sill examples: 1) On the shift handle, the button you depress initially felt kinda chintzy; however, over time you realize the lightness of design makes it just a little bit easier to depress - it almost floats. I think this design esthetic pervades the car. It seems like everything works very well.
By johnd0905
on 03/02/14 17:37 PM (PST)

In all fairness, this car is everything you would expect from Honda when it comes to quality, quietness, convenience, ergonomics, reliability, fuel economy, etc. The one thing that I hope that Honda addresses is ride quality. Apparently Honda decided to change the Accord into a sportier type of car but I feel they went too far with the stiff struts. It would have been nice to have electronically adjustable struts like those in Nissan's 300zx line. Even though the 300zx was more of a sports car than the Accord, it had a much smoother ride on the middle setting of the adjustable struts and still handled corners better than the Accord. This Accord feels like a dream and can take corners flat as long as the road is smooth as glass. Every single bump is felt by the occupants, and with the way roads are made today it feels like the car is yanking everyone up and down rapidly and stumbling on every bump. Personally I find it rather painful to ride in this car and there is no reason why the occupants have to absorb all of the shock from the road. The kind of pains I have experienced are headaches and earaches, and unfortunately it makes me regret driving anywhere. I have found adjustable struts that fit this model/year Accord Coupe and plan to get them soon, but I would rather hope that Honda issues a TSB to replace the factory struts with some with better damping. If ride quality is not a concern I would highly recommend this car.

By stellarblue40
on 03/27/14 00:27 AM (PDT)

I PURCHASED the 2014 EX-L, V6, Accord Coupe with the Navigation. Yep, I am a little older and had the bucks to get the v-6 Coupe with all the trimmings. OF COURSE I love this car! What is not to love? The "Earth Dreams" V-6 engine is a dream. Just shy of 300 horsepower, it has a very mean zero to sixty time of under 6 seconds. It's a gas! ALL the bells and whistles, great quality and build, superb leather seats. TOO MUCH to tell here. This car has it all, and my retired wife finds it to be very civilized as well. This baby is a cant lose, and it is all for UNDER 30k. Hmm, what more? DEFINITELY GET THE V-6 IF YOU CAN. Cause, it is well worth it. It uses regular gas and it is so much FUN!