Great car. Terrible seats.
By dmerts on
2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
Bought the Sport model because I loooove the look of the 18" wheels and tires. 10 minute test drive went okay. Didn't notice until I drove 30 minutes to work that the seats are terrible! There's not enough padding in the backrest and the head rest/restraints push your head too far forward. After 20 minutes my neck and back were killing me. Almost like the seats are trying to push you into the fetal position. I looove everything about the car except those da#mn seats. I heartbroken that I love the car so much but don't enjoy driving it because of the uncomfortable seats.
Favorite Features
Love the body style, the wheels and tires, engine, handling quality and fuel mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Hate those da#mn seats. Angle the head rest/restraints back further and put more padding in the backrest. Also, make the backseat 60/40 split. Jeez, how hard could that be. And, offer a better audio system and sun/moon roof.
By foxcraft
on 06/26/14 22:14 PM (PDT)

I'm an upholsterer and own an Acura RSX type S (made by Honda). After I bought the car I discovered that I couldn't drive very far (about 30 minutes) without feeling very uncomfortable. So, rebuilt the front seats which included making some changes to the padding and shape of the seats. A tip: less bolstering so that you have flatter seat generally = more comfort. Most sport models in all makes have way too much bolstering for everyday comfort. This great if you are driving on a race course. Honda makes great cars, and the one you are driving is one that I also considered. Seat comfort as well as road noise has been an issue for Honda. You may want to find a reputable auto trim shop and discuss a course of action. Tell whoever it is, that you would like to test out the seat for comfort during the process of changing it. It would be a shame to get rid of this car just because of the seats, because I'm sure it's a great car. My RSX type S is 8 yrs. old and I still love it. Hope this helps.

By wolfie8
on 07/29/14 16:23 PM (PDT)

That's ironic, because I have '13 subaru outback and am considering an accord because I can't stand my seats either. I think government rules forced auto companies to have forward headrests. I pulled mine out and turned it around because it annoyed me. But my seats still are terrible in an otherwise great car.

By ikemacon
on 08/06/14 19:32 PM (PDT)

I decided against the LX in favor of the sport trim just because of the comfortable seats. I find them even more pleasant than the EX trim level. You may not have them adjusted correctly (I suggest trying some "odd" combinations of the 10 way seat to get the right fit, it really works).