2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Had to trade it in after four months
By suziesivlerado

2014 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I thought I was going to really like this car, but found it to be uncomfortable with an overwhelming amount of road noise. I'm 5 foot 2 and the seats (slightly concave design at the mid secti) never worked for me, Also the front head restraints pushed my head too far forward, and only were comfortable (tolerable) when I turned them backwards. The back seat covers never fit right (despite 2 replacement efforts) could not repair. The navigations system was useless. When I searched for local restaurants or shops it gave me a listing for restaurants 500 miles away. Lastly the voice recognition interface worked intermittently.

Exterior design. Review, side camera. Smooth acceleration. Interior design is fine for large people. .

Improve the navigation and voice interfaces. Take into cosideration the fact that not all people are 5 foot 8 and 250 pounds when designing the car seats.Fix the head restraint of short people are not put in painful positions. Lower the road noise inside the car. Use better sound insulation. Design an interior noise cancellation feature that works

So Far, So Good
By penguin103

2014 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased my 2014 Accord LX CVT new in late October, 2014. So far, they only issue I have had is with the TPMS light coming on with 94 miles on it. Dealer admitted they forgot to calibrate it when it went through pre-inspection delivery and apologized for the error. No problems since that happened. After all of the great Honda incentives, I ended up paying $19,419 plus TTL and took advantage of the 0.9% for 60 months. All of this makes this vehicle an incredible value.

1) MPG - 3,000 miles on it, so far, and am averaging 34.8 mpg, overall, doing about 75% highway driving. The trip computer is very accurate in estimated mpg calculation. 2) Room - Extremely roomy. The 2013 re-design has really stretched the interior out and the rear seat is now spacious. 3) Features/Value - LX comes standard with automatic climate control, rear camera, Bluetooth and daytime driving lights and it's a top safety pick. 4) CVT - I stayed away from CVT transmissions for years because I hated Nissan's so much. This one is different. It's smooth, yet still gives you the feeling of driving a standard automatic. Drive one and you will see what I mean.

1) Stock tires are garbage in rain and snow. I will be forced to purchase some winter tires soon because these awful. 2) Road noise - coming from a Hyundai Veloster, I really can't complain here. This is much better. However, people that have ridden in the car with me that have more 'upscale' cars tend to complain about this. Easy for them to complain since they paid double for the cars they are driving.

Perfect car
By noey914

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased a 2014 Accord Sport just about 1yr ago. Have put on 16,000 miles so far. Absolutely love the car. Was very hesitant over the CVT but it actually makes the car. Very smooth and great mpg...always average better then what they say it should. Plenty of power and fun to drive. Great package. Highly recommend.

Buying considerations vs competitors
By bill1000

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Considered Mazda6, Accord, TLX, Camry and Fusion. Ruled out last 2 for styling and reliability reasons respectively. Based on reviews and idea that I want something not everyone else has, Mazda6 was the front runner. Then I test drove all three. If price was somewhat close, I would have likely bought TLX (traded in a TL) but its a new model(no haggling) so price differential was just too much. Really liked the drive of the Mazda as do most people. Then drove the Accord and was actually surprised at how much I liked the drive and feel. It just felt good on the road and quiet. Not saying it drove better than Mazda, but pretty close. In the end, the Honda reliability and "feel" won me over.

CVT Transmission - never thought I'd mention transmission as a favorite feature, but its great Interior comfort Drive Safety features in EX-L package (side and rear cameras, lane departure warning, front collision warning Gas mileage Overall value

Add blind spot on driver side Simplify some of the controls

Smart Buy
By rac10

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was going to buy the Accord coupe but the Sport was so much more car for the price. If Honda offered the Sport in the coupe I would have purchased it instead. The 2.4 engine is one of the best 4 cylinder engine made. Don't think it is too small and under power, it's not. I bought this new from a high volume dealer that had the best pricing in the state. For the price nothing comes close. After driving it for 6000 miles I like it more every time I drive it. I picked the CVT over the manual, both have their advantages but I didn't want to shift for the next ten years. The performance reviews for this class, Honda comes out on top. Many reviewer's pick the $6000 more Mazda 6 over the Honda.

I smile every time I get in knowing how much I paid for it. I got up to 40 mpg and average 32 mpg. After figuring out the paddle shifters you can get even more out of the 2.4 engine. They are really nice to use to down shift quickly for a burst of speed to pass. The handling is great, better than my Accord coupe I traded in. The brakes stop quickly and the steering is precise. The car has everything you need and nothing that you don't. It has a very roomy interior and yet has a sporty feel to it. It's a perfect compromise in my opinion.

The ride is a bit firm, but I don't mind it and prefer it for better road feel. The rear seat is not a split seat when folding it down. The front arm rest doesn't slide forward for better adjustment. The seats are firm but I put some nice leather like cushions that look nice and feel great to fix this problem. No light in the glove box. That's all I can think of and I can easily live with these minor things. The rest of the car over shadows these imperfections.