2014 Honda Accord Consumer Review: 2014 EX - rattling sounds are

2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

2014 EX - rattling sounds are driving me crazy!
By pebbycree on

2014 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The vehicle is about 5 months old with a little over 4000 miles. About to take it back for the 4th time for rattling/ticking noises in the cabin. Dealer has looked at the dashboard, passenger door, center console. Now the glove box door is making a ticking noise. The night shift must've assembled this vehicle. Drivetrain works well, and love the passenger side camera. About what I'd expect from a $24,000 car....except for the ticking noise. Went from a 2000 Toyota Avalon to the 2014 Accord. The Avalon, with 232,000 miles, was quieter than this vehicle. Prefer driving my daughter's 2006 Mazda so that I can avoid the ticking noise in the Accord.

Favorite Features

Passenger side camera Good acceleration for a 4 cylinder Good handling in corners

Suggested Improvements

Infotainment system isn't intuitive Better assembly quality in cabin - ticking noises More 'covered' storage in cabin Better positioning of front headrests - feel like I have to lean forward to drive
By accorddriver3
on 06/07/14 09:39 AM (PDT)

Were you able to get the rattling sound fixed? I bought my Honda 1 month and have the same issue. I cam to this site to see if anybody had the same rattling sound going on. This is my 3rd Honda accord and love the car but the rattling sound drives me crazy. Mine actually sounds like it's going on beneath my feet most of the time, almost as if there was a loose bolt/screw rattling around from side to side when i stop and go sometimes. Other than that, i love my car. I just moved and haven't had time to get it checked out yet. Curious if they fixed it for you?

By petevadad
on 10/02/14 07:36 AM (PDT)

I have the same problem. I was going to go to the dealer, but it may be futile.