2014 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Significant Road Noise
By sam3840 on 04/24/14 17:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The road noise is so great in my $32,000 Honda Accord that my husband will not travel with me. I went to Winter Haven FL Honda dealer about the road noise when traveling above 60mph. In short.. They said I had to live with it because it was the nature of the car. My 2006 Honda Accord did not have this type of road noise.

2014 Honda Accord LX
By peripatetic on 03/26/14 04:03 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After going through hell with an old German car, I decided to get a new car. This one was it. I drive approximately 30-50 Thousand miles a year so long term reliability was my key. You cannot go wrong with this car. So far so good. I already have almost 3,000 miles. With the exception of the ride quality my suggested improvements are few.

Home Run!
By lji1 on 03/20/14 12:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Waited a few months before reviewing, so I could get a full grasp on the car. Honda has hit a price-value sweet spot, especially with the LX model. Features at the entry price is amazing (see fav features). Compared against a Camry SE, Altima S, Mazda 6 (2014MY Mazda 3 is way better than the 6) and this was THE best bang for the buck. Love the handling, gas mileage, and the front design. No complaints with the seats or the CVT (although I had some concerns before purchase). After researching, found that the CVT judder was mostly relegated to the '13 MY Accords (TSB fix issued by Honda). This fix has been implemented on '14 MY Accords and I have no major issues with the CVT (@6k miles now)

Outstanding Drive and Excellent Mileage, but ....
By chebuck on 03/18/14 19:10 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Was very reluctant to purchase another Honda Accord after having engine oil consumption issues with '09 EXL v6. Test drove 2013 Toyota Avalon and was not impressed. Wife loved the ride of the '14 Accord EXL-V6 so we decided to give Honda a second chance. So far, 10K miles, we love the ride and get average 32-34 mpg at 70-75 mph hwy. Just got 38 mpg in 200 mile stretch of North Carolina. Typically get 27-29 mpg combined. Ride is smooth and comfortable. Now the negative. At 7K miles, 1 qt oil low so I added 1 qt 0W20 synthetic. At 9K miles added another 1/2 qt. Maybe this will never pose a serious problem, but I am extremely irritated that we have to keep checking oil periodically!

It's only day one, but I think I'm in love
By hondaluvrva on 03/13/14 11:03 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have never posted a review on anything in my 38 years on Earth, but I had to throw my thoughts on this car out there in the universe. I purchased a 2014 Sport model with the 6 speed manual. It is a comfortable, precise, economical, and believe it or not, for a family sedan it's a hoot to drive. I will continue to purchase manual transmissions until they are phased out. I must say that the shifter in this car is the best I've ever had the pleasure to row. If Honda can only toss in a better sounding radio and a sunroof, I think it could create world peace. If you can't drive stick you owe it to yourself to get out of your comfort zone. It's that good.

4 cyl CVT vs V6 AT
By jgtx14 on 03/13/14 09:48 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove an EX CVT and a EXL V6 back to back before purchasing the EXL V6. The EX interior was not near as nice as my 2011 EX interior, very plain, no wood trim, etc. Also, the CVT does a great job and isn't noticeable, until you need power. Then it revs up and hangs there at high rpm until you let off. These were issues for me so I went with the EX-L V6 (which is a totally different driving experience)

EX-L V6
By jgtx14 on 03/13/14 09:37 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased new last week. Was able to get $ 5500 off of sticker price, due to negative comments by Consumer Reports regarding the V6 models reliability. Yes, the car doesn't ride as smooth as a luxury vehicle. I am fine with the ride, feels sporty. Lots of complaints about the ride quality, don't buy it if you don't like it...No, I cannot feel any vibrations from the 6 when 3 cyl are deactivated (Fixed for 2014??) Yes, the car is a bit noisy at HWY speeds but quieter than my 2011 EX. Seems quiet around 40 but wind and road noise present at 65 +. Yes, HandsFreeLink needs work! Not intuitive and functionality limited. Difficult to set up speed dial, etc.

Great enthusiasts car
By bgsntth on 03/03/14 15:04 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I only have 1K miles on it. I bought the Sport because it was one of the few vehicles that was offered in a Manual transmission, was fun to drive, had enough room in the rear seats for teenagers, and I could fit comfortably (6'3" and 210lbs). It is a lot of fun to drive - even with a good portion of my 60 mile round trip commute being in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Gear change and clutch is one of the best I have experienced - slightly behind my old Miata, but better than my prior Cayman. It does not like to be rushed, however. Handling is a surprise. Very taunt with little bodyroll, but will begin to understeer at the limits. The ride is perfect - firm, but soaks up all bumps.

Love this car.
By fontaine1975 on 01/23/14 13:00 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the '14 Accord LX for a few months now. Paid $19,000 in SoCal. Pros: I have had NO problems (shaking, judders, shudders, etc) with the CVT. Smooth acceleration and shifting (or whatever it is). Steering is light and responsive. Rearview camera with active guides (it takes awhile to get used to what the lines mean on the guides) Cons: It doesn't support iOS (iphone), so I switched to android. On the drivers side outside mirror, the outer edge is distorted and it's a little distracting, i'm not sure what it's supposed to do, but it's a fail. The 4 speaker sound system sounds kinda crappy. Small fingerprint-sized area of paint on the hood is slightly dull looking.

School of hard knocks, get what you pay for.
By gski1 on 01/18/14 19:51 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In the market for a new car and a previous Accord owner I jumped ship to a 5th Gen Nissan Altima. On paper it made sense, it offered features the Accord didn't at thousands less. 2 transmissions, a new radio and the dash, moonroof and rear deck rattling like a tin can later Nissan was finally forced to buy it back under lemon law. Back to the Honda lot I went and bought a 2014 EX-L V6. I'll say the car delivers. It's solid, quiet, fuel efficient and styled as aggressively as I'd like. The ground doesn't light up when I open the door and the seat doesn't 60/40 split (cmon Honda?), but I'm in love with the ride and comfort. Don't agree w/the seat complaints, 10 way pwr suits my bad back!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$143 per month*