2014 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great gas mileage! Terrible steering wheel vibrations and ride harshness!
By gejj on 06/15/14 16:50 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Gas mileage is fantastic BUT there is way too much vibration in the steering wheel at some speeds that's really annoying. It happens around 30-35 mph and again around 65-70 mph. Makes it very annoying to drive long distances. Ride quality is very stiff causing you to feel every bump and ripple in the road. The dealer updated the engine computer and rebalanced the wheels but the vibrations are still there. I'm now working with the factory rep to find out what's causing the vibrations. This is my first Honda and maybe my last if they don't fix the vibration problems.

Great car. Terrible seats.
By dmerts on 06/07/14 21:35 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the Sport model because I loooove the look of the 18" wheels and tires. 10 minute test drive went okay. Didn't notice until I drove 30 minutes to work that the seats are terrible! There's not enough padding in the backrest and the head rest/restraints push your head too far forward. After 20 minutes my neck and back were killing me. Almost like the seats are trying to push you into the fetal position. I looove everything about the car except those da#mn seats. I heartbroken that I love the car so much but don't enjoy driving it because of the uncomfortable seats.

2014 Honda Accord (Hematite Green)
By whitneytoday on 06/05/14 19:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased my first vehicle which is a 2014 Honda Accord LX from AutoNation Honda in Sanford, FL. I love the new body style of the Accord and I knew that was the car of my choice. I wanted leather seats and sun roof but the EXL was a bit too much, so I started looking at the LX. Originally, the LX doesn't come with leather interior or sunroof but Skip helped me get the car of my choice and it was all in my price range. [non-permissible content removed]

Terrible Audio
By olivander on 05/31/14 08:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This Honda Accord has a terrible audio system. It is junk. I did not realize how bad it was or else I would not have purchased the vehicle. I commute 90 minutes each day and the audio is important. The radio had excess static . There is no subwoofer. The speakers are tinny, muffled. When the sunroof is open and driving on the highway, I can't hear the sound! I don't understand why Honda would not offer a better system in such an expensive car without having to buy leather options. I would like Honda to offer a remedy to this problem in my current vehicle. If not, I will not buy another Honda again. (I had been a Toyota owner for 20 YEARS! Unfortunately, it may be my last.

3 Days and I am impressed!!!!
By kickaroundkid on 05/30/14 08:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I picked up my Blue (I forget the original name for the color) Honda Accord Sport 3 days ago. I was coming from a 2006 Toyota Camry SE and wasn't looking to trade it in, but the dealer gave me a good sizeable amt on it. After getting in and driving it, its like a dream. The Bluetooth, The Ride, The Seats, The 18in Rims.....the whole Sport Package. And thanks to Big Star Honda in Houston for making the process so much earlier than I thought. I was more inclined to the Mazda 6 (I owned a 2004 Mazda 3, but ran into alot of issues) before considering the Honda, but with everyone in your family with a Honda with a proven record, it was a question of don't take a chance....just go for it.

They just keep getting better....
By treeguybob on 05/29/14 13:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Our 2014 Accord EX-L Navi is our fourth Accord, and our seventh Honda. So far, this 2014 Accord is the best ever. Superb seats, roomy, quiet, peppy, and an overall resounding ring of quality. In reading other '14 Accord reviews, I note a range of complaints...and well many of these complaints may be well founded, one must recognize the Accord for what it is...for it's value. What other car could I buy like this for less than $27K! We have owned several BMW's and other "luxury" vehicles. Most have been a bit nicer than the Accord, but when rating any of them relative to their initial cost and maintenance costs, all fail to remotely compare to the amazing value of the Accord.

An Excellent Family Sedan
By radcar1 on 05/17/14 17:46 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We have had our new Accord for about a month and a half and put on about 4K miles, including a 3K mile trip. The new accord is a very smooth car, especially around town, and gets excellent gas mileage. We have always bought the V6 model, and traded a 2007 EXL-V6 for the new one. I was reluctant to buy a 4 cyl. but a test drive impressed me. Indeed, it does have plenty of acceleration and so far the CVT is very nice. Some have said that the CVT roars when you accelerate, but we find it to be similar to the V6 roar when it downshifts. It doesn't accelerate quite as fast as the 07 V6, but it was more than adequate when merging on the interstates. Our gas mileage was 37 mpg for the trip.

2014 EX - rattling sounds are driving me crazy!
By pebbycree on 04/25/14 12:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The vehicle is about 5 months old with a little over 4000 miles. About to take it back for the 4th time for rattling/ticking noises in the cabin. Dealer has looked at the dashboard, passenger door, center console. Now the glove box door is making a ticking noise. The night shift must've assembled this vehicle. Drivetrain works well, and love the passenger side camera. About what I'd expect from a $24,000 car....except for the ticking noise. Went from a 2000 Toyota Avalon to the 2014 Accord. The Avalon, with 232,000 miles, was quieter than this vehicle. Prefer driving my daughter's 2006 Mazda so that I can avoid the ticking noise in the Accord.

Significant Road Noise
By sam3840 on 04/24/14 17:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The road noise is so great in my $32,000 Honda Accord that my husband will not travel with me. I went to Winter Haven FL Honda dealer about the road noise when traveling above 60mph. In short.. They said I had to live with it because it was the nature of the car. My 2006 Honda Accord did not have this type of road noise.

2014 Honda Accord LX
By peripatetic on 03/26/14 04:03 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After going through hell with an old German car, I decided to get a new car. This one was it. I drive approximately 30-50 Thousand miles a year so long term reliability was my key. You cannot go wrong with this car. So far so good. I already have almost 3,000 miles. With the exception of the ride quality my suggested improvements are few.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda Accord Sedan in VA is:

$150 per month*