2014 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2014 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Smart Buy
By rac10 on 11/13/14 11:56 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was going to buy the Accord coupe but the Sport was so much more car for the price. If Honda offered the Sport in the coupe I would have purchased it instead. The 2.4 engine is one of the best 4 cylinder engine made. Don't think it is too small and under power, it's not. I bought this new from a high volume dealer that had the best pricing in the state. For the price nothing comes close. After driving it for 6000 miles I like it more every time I drive it. I picked the CVT over the manual, both have their advantages but I didn't want to shift for the next ten years. The performance reviews for this class, Honda comes out on top. Many reviewer's pick the $6000 more Mazda 6 over the Honda.

Make sure you customize sound settings! Great Car!
By gn842 on 09/16/14 19:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

For $19.3k I think I got a terrific manual Accord. But only 600 miles so far, can't speak to reliability. I preferred the Accord's manual stick to the Mazda 6 manual stick. I swapped OEM tires out for Continental PureContact Eco Plus and was surprised at improved handling and even quieter ride. Much quieter ride than the Mazda 6. This is important to me, I like handling but low profile tires are a liability in the NE with its potholes. And the handling is plenty great with 16" rims.

Lesson learned over 10 years, buy Honda.
By gski1 on 09/11/14 22:34 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Hit 11K today after a 620 mile round trip. MPG is well better than stated, I get 34 highway driving it like I stole it. I'm just SO happy with this car. It's smooth, fast, comfortable, full of the latest tech, reliable and affordable. All I've done is put gas in it and change the oil around 8K (there's an oil life guage that tells you when to change it, I change early. Amazing. It took 10 years to learn the lesson to stick w/Honda after my 2004 that was bullet proof. I replaced a 13 Altima, bought back under lemon law due to numerous problems, largest being dropped the transmission twice within 7k miles. The Lord works in mysterious ways, got enough $ to upgrade to the V6. Love my Honda!

Very Impressed
By ohheck on 08/29/14 07:50 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my new Accord EX-L 4cyl for two weeks now and have been very happy with it. The car is roomy, well appointed and the fit and finish is excellent. The CVT that mimics a regular shifting transmission is excellent and the 4cyl has plenty of performance. On my first road trip, I averaged 41.7mpg going and 39.8mpg returning. Admittedly, that was driving @60mph, which for me is fast enough. At 70 years of age, I'm in no hurry to get somewhere...just getting there is enough. My only negative is the ride. While not bad, it is definitely on the sporty side. The amazing thing is that my insurance only went up .40 cents over my older car with the exact same coverage. Very happy here.

Buyer beware of not being able to access Navi while moving
By froggers on 08/08/14 11:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Turned in 2011 leased Honda Accord V6 and picked up the 2014. Everything is really outstanding except for the navigation system. We were not aware or advised that it cannot be fully accessed while the car is in motion. This is really bad, since the passenger is disallowed as well. The voice commands don't work well for us, and it's a lot more distracting. This is a real deal breaker for us, and I won't be getting any more Honda's, unless this changes. The menu system is a lot worse than the 2011 model and a lot more difficult to navigate through the commands with a lot more extra steps. Also the center console has less storage space and is less convenient.

Bringing fun back to the family sedan
By ikemacon on 08/06/14 19:59 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After test driving what some automotive magazines ranked as the top three automobiles in this class (Mazda6, Honda Accord and Nissan Altima), the Honda Accord Sport pleasantly surprised me by overtaking the number one pick for those same reviews: the Mazda6 iTouring. Having been a former Acura Legend owner, I felt right at home again behind the wheel of the Accord. The Sport's numbers outperform the Mazda not only on paper, but in driving tests as well. I felt solidly in control at all times behind the wheel of the Accord, even with electric power steering. Active noise cancellation helps to quiet the cabin as well. Fantastic car all around!

Honda Accord Sport is an excellent car overall!
By jwh204 on 08/03/14 07:10 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just purchased my '14 Accord Sport in June - have 2,000 miles now and a couple of road trips taken. Excellent handling car with great road manners! My 94 Accord coupe was my best car ever - this 14 continues that tradition of a solid, well built and handling car. The CVT is great and unobtrusive - the computer simulates a conventional automatic. Great MPG and very responsive throttle. Supportive seats (love the power seat and lumbar) and a very spacious and comfortable cabin round out the package. I traded out of an 11 Altima and its the best choice I have made. No complaints about this car other than a suggestion: the Sport needs a better sound system with more speakers...

besthondaever
By lovesmyhonda1 on 07/28/14 11:31 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This Honda is the best Honda I have ever owned.it is a thrill to drive. The sport mode with the shifter paddles makes it drive like a manual transmission. It has plenty of power expecially using the sport mode. It has a sporty feel while driving it. It really hugs the road. The seats are really comfortable and the material is awesome. I love the carbon fiber. The steering wheel is wrapped in leather and feels awesome. The tinted glass is really nice. I have nothing bad to say about this car.

Exceeds Expectations
By car57 on 07/22/14 21:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Touring V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I just put 600 miles on our new Accord Touring on a road trip through the mountains. We drove up to an altitude of 12,000 ft. The roads were full of hills and curves that would have been perfect for a driving a Porsche or BMW, but we found ourselves more and more impressed with how solid the Accord handled and felt. It had tons of passing power, yet still averaged 35 MPG overall. Consider us impressed. I have had nearly a dozen high-end European cars over the past 25 years and the Accord comes surprisingly close to their level of build quality and features. I'm not sure it's worth spending the extra 20 grand to get the satisfaction of knowing other people envy what you drive.

2014 Honda Accord EX-L review
By stockdox on 06/17/14 07:58 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I admit, I was a little bit reluctant to buy the V6 model Accord due to the negative press and some negative remarks on some chat boards. I really hope that Honda has really fixed the issues with VCM technology because it is quite amazing to get nearly the same gas mileage of the 4 Cylinder with the performance of the 6. I can tell you right now that my gas mileage is better than advertised. The car is packed with useful technology such as the side view camera and Collision avoidance and Lane Watch. The car is smooth and powerful. On balance, I am very happy with my choice. VCM is not perfect I notice the switch from 3 Cylinder mode to 6 more so then the reverse.