Used 2014 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Car But
By rgtoth

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Good mileage in town or on highway. Great handling and responsive for 4 cyl. Road noise very pronounced at higher speeds on interstates especially on concrete pavement. It would be a No. 1 car if Honda could quite it down. In fact the whole honda line including Acura have the same noise issues.

Can't go wrong
By K

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car is simply amazing, I'm pretty much in love with it. I sat in the front, the passenger, the back seats, all the seats are extremely comfortable. I really do not know what all the complaining is about. I am 5'10 and 200lbs of medium muscular build and this car fits me perfectly.
The performance of the car is amazing. The engine puts out intense power for its small size and fuel economy is still at 40mpg when you are driving it properly. The "Eco" button is great. The car holds the road very stable and the suspension is a smooth ride. It feels like a caddilac. A little rougher over bumps and stuff than I expected but that is probably because it still has factory tires.
Someone said the trunk is small. Sorry guys, this trunk is utterly massive. You could literally fit two grown adults inside it and have room to spare.
Someone complained about folding seats. As far as I am aware my back seats do not fold down at all. This isn't an issue for me.
The interior is so spacious, luxuriant, and aesthetically attractive as well as utilitarian and useful, that I simply could not ever criticize any one thing about it. Everything down to the spring-loaded cupholder that "hugs" your cup so that any size cup fits it. The rear windows are positioned so well and so large that checking my blindspots or seeing behind me could not possibly be any easier. The shifting is liquid smooth when you do it properly and the steering response is incredible. I have driven over 3,000 miles now and these are literally the only two complaints I have:
There is no gear indicator. Is this really necessary? No. Would it be nice? Yeah. But who cares.
I cannot adjust the brightness on my instrument panel (Tach, speedo, etc.). It is available on some models, but apparently not mine. This makes no sense to me.

So, for all the things that you could complain about in a car, the seats, the performance, the price, the interior, any of it, I literally could only find two infinitesimal and non-issue things to complain about.

Buy this car today.

50,000 miles and still the best
By Chris

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I did a review at about 15000 miles and now I have over 50000 miles on my 2014 Accord EX so I thought I would share an update. As far as the engine and manual transmission, both are still silky smooth and gas mileage easily exceeds the EPA estimates. The interior is holding up well other than the clutch pedal which has worn through to the metal on one side. I replaced the OEM tires at 40000 miles with softer rubber and the ride vastly improved, the original tires were bias towards fuel savings and also didn’t have the road handling abilities of the replacements.
On the outside she has acquired a bit of road rash, but nothing that is the fault of the car.
Overall, I still highly recommend the 2014 Accord Ex with a manual transmission. The combination of performance, gas mileage, room can’t be matched. The car is a great value.
Oh, and it’s never been in need of a single repair or recall.

Great car!
By Julia

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

this is a green car. I love the sporty look and the interior is beautifully done. The only complaint I have is that there is some road noise which makes it hard to hear music especially on long-distance trips. But overall this is a great car!

Driver's Seat is Torture!
By A.H.

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just search "Honda Accord Uncomfortable Seats" on the internet and you'd be amazed at all the sites and forums that pop up, from the 2008 to the 2015 Accord.To be fair here are the Pros: Looks sharp, runs smooth, has great gas mileage, and I'm sure is super dependable, although I don't plan on owning this car for much longer.

I've only had it for 3 months and I'm already looking to trade it in for a Toyota Camry, because.....Cons: Why did Honda think a crappy, easily stained beige interior, and covering the doors with that same crappy cloth interior was a good idea? The placement of the climate control buttons and infotainment isn't laid out intuitively. Make sure you have all your climate settings and radio/cd/ bluetooth all while in park because adjusting the right temperature and/ or defrost can cause a big distraction while driving. The trunk is relatively small for a family of four and the rear seat folds down in one piece, rather than split.

Now here are the biggest Cons: The driver's seat: It is so poorly designed, the back and bottom sink in, causing my back to form a "C" shape, and the head restraints force my head too far forward. No, I did not pick up on this discomfort after the 30 minute test drive, or even the few weeks of ownership. But after several weeks up until now, the pain has become unbearable. I can't drive more than 20 minutes before the pain sets in. I've tried almost everything, from ergonomic back and butt cushions, and have even spent over $500 reupholstering the driver's seat and adding foam to the seat and back at a shop, and all that has done was shift the pain from one part of my butt, back, thighs, to other parts. I never knew what "Piriformis Syndrome" was until I owned this car. Look it up. I've owned close to 10 cars in my 28 years of driving, and this Accord is the only car to ever give me back problems.

Here is the biggest Con: Honda Corporation and Honda of Morgan Hill in California. After I stated my problems with the seat, all Honda Corporation could tell me was "I'm sorry your feeling this discomfort, but unfortunately, Honda won't do anything about it", and Honda of Morgan Hill, "Why don't you trade the car back to us for something more comfortable?" Seriously, why don't I just crap 2 to 3 thousand dollars out of my butt and hand it to them? That's the loss I'm going to take on a trade in, so I might as well give it to Toyota, or even Hyundai.

So all in all, screw you Honda. It's unfortunate that an otherwise great car is ruined by a badly designed driver's seat, a seat that has been a problem since 2008. It's obvious you do not listen to your customers. Once I unload this car, I'm never getting another Honda again.