2014 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My Last Car Was A BMW
By Ray Sheldon

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Had the BMW for 13 years and loved the car, but the maintenance became an issue. Bought the 2014 Accord EX with 15,000 miles on it and have had it for 4-5 months now. Two road trips and daily use. Mileage on the road trips averaged 36...around town it's less as one would expect. The car is more of an appliance than something which elicits emotions one way or the other. That said, it has some pleasant surprises which were unexpected. back up and the right turn cameras are very helpful. We hadn't experienced bluetooth before and like it a lot. Otherwise no real surprises. Things we like: Fit and finish is excellent. It's a bit spartan but everything is where it should be. Well designed and engineered in this respect. Good storage in the trunk and elsewhere. Carries two golf bags sideways which was a criteria. Large information screen for on-board functions. Love the two cameras. As a result, there are no blind spots. CVT transmission is great. I like the 'S' drive function to help brake going down some of the hills and mountains nearby. Bluetooth is a good thing...plays music from my phone, telephone is hands free, and the navigation system on my phone talks to us through the radio. Keyless entry and starting function is great. I've left my keys in the car while trying to lock it on several occasions, and it won't let me do so...which I appreciate. Hill stopper works great on the aforementioned hills and mountains. Minor Minuses Seats are a bit uncomfortable on long trips. More road noise than I'm used to but less than my daughter's CRV...can live with it easily. Acceleration is modest at best...but, at the end of the day, it does get up to speed without much fuss. The fold down rear seats don't fully recline. The trunk cavity into the passenger cabin is quite small.

Honda Accord 2014
By shennaw

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I feel my new Honda is very reliable, spacious, fast, and stylish.

I love the Bluetooth feature because it allows me to drive and talk on the phone without have to hold the phone. I can also listen to music from my phone and sync it to my car's radio.

I wish my car had XM radio in it and a change holder like my last Honda civic, but other than that I love it.

I like it better every day
By danwallaceorg

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my black Accord Sport as a "leftover" 2014 in October of 2014. As of late March 2015, I have driven the car for 13,100 miles. The Accord Sport is very, very comfortable to drive. (I am 6', 220 lbs.) The back seat is giant for its class. The active sound cancelling works quite well -- reducing fatigue on my long trips. I have never reset the trip "B" fuel mileage calculation. Before winter, the overall average was at 34.3 mpg. Currently, after a very cold winter it reads 30.8 mpg. 95% of my driving is mixed urban. One strange thing, which my son also noticed, the highway fuel mileage is 3-4 mpg lower WITH cruise control than without - even in ECO mode.

The continuously variable transmission (CVT) is fantastic! Very responsive and well-behaved. It is especially fun to hold the accelerator to the floor, until top speed, and listen to that beautiful Earth Dreams 2.4 hang out for awhile around 6500! While a little stiff on SE Michigan's third-world quality roads, the Sport handles very well. The almost silly paddle-shifters are handy for downshift braking, in stop & go traffic.

The dealer-installed, Honda-authorized remote start stalls the engine when the doors are unlocked. How bizarre! My last five (Chrysler and GM) vehicles have featured remote start, and did not have to be restarted upon entry. The lack of heated outside mirrors on the Sport package is a bit disappointing. And, there is no (reasonable) way to add heated mirrors, because the Sport uses unique electrical harnesses.

Ticking noise is driving me crazy!
By pebbycree

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Have taken the car in at least 9 times (I stopped counting) for interior noises...in the dashboard, in the doors, in the glovebox. I now have to ride around with the glovebox open...that the only way to stop the ticking sound. Service dept can never replicate the noise so I'm stuck. Glovebox door closed - ticking sound; glovebox door open - ticking sound. You would think they could figure it out, but they can't. I plan to have them remove glovebox door and I'll try to fix on my own. Very nice car otherwise...but that's what I get for switching from Toyota. You spend $25000 on a car and have to drive around with glovebox open... Only 11000 miles at 14 months...because I hate to drive it.

Blind spot camera Bluetooth audio CVT Touch door handles for lock/unlock Push button start

Vehicle rides a little low - would raise ground clearance. Stop using cheap plastics that rattle. Add tray inside the center console. Headrests make you tilt your head forward - very uncomfortable. Use wider tires - would help with lateral stability and looks.

2014 Accord EX Sedan.....Love it!
By Michael Trager

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My new Accord EX is excellent with its CVT and new engine. Plenty of power, smooth, and great gas mileage!

CVT, Engine, Push Button Start, quality and looks of engine - nice clean layout. Honda doesn't have to hide their engines under plastic covers! Mileage remaining is great along along with all the info the computer retains..... Great car - especially on the highway. Plenty of power even in economy mode. No need for a turbo or V6.

More use of LED lights throughout the car.