2014 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I like it better every day
By danwallaceorg on 03/25/15 06:06 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my black Accord Sport as a "leftover" 2014 in October of 2014. As of late March 2015, I have driven the car for 13,100 miles. The Accord Sport is very, very comfortable to drive. (I am 6', 220 lbs.) The back seat is giant for its class. The active sound cancelling works quite well -- reducing fatigue on my long trips. I have never reset the trip "B" fuel mileage calculation. Before winter, the overall average was at 34.3 mpg. Currently, after a very cold winter it reads 30.8 mpg. 95% of my driving is mixed urban. One strange thing, which my son also noticed, the highway fuel mileage is 3-4 mpg lower WITH cruise control than without - even in ECO mode.

Ticking noise is driving me crazy!
By pebbycree on 02/25/15 01:58 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Have taken the car in at least 9 times (I stopped counting) for interior noises...in the dashboard, in the doors, in the glovebox. I now have to ride around with the glovebox open...that the only way to stop the ticking sound. Service dept can never replicate the noise so I'm stuck. Glovebox door closed - ticking sound; glovebox door open - ticking sound. You would think they could figure it out, but they can't. I plan to have them remove glovebox door and I'll try to fix on my own. Very nice car otherwise...but that's what I get for switching from Toyota. You spend $25000 on a car and have to drive around with glovebox open... Only 11000 miles at 14 months...because I hate to drive it.

2014 Accord EX Sedan.....Love it!
By Michael Trager on 02/23/15 14:43 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My new Accord EX is excellent with its CVT and new engine. Plenty of power, smooth, and great gas mileage!

not impressed
By Susan Schayes on 02/21/15 05:52 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

A lot of people love this car. I bought one based on the test drive and was sorely disappointed. There was a lot of vibration in the engine which extended to the steering wheel. The navigation system was very difficult to use. The front seat was uncomfortable for my 5'3 frame. The worst thing was the noise level. This car was noisy at 45 and horrible on the highway. I got rid of it after four months.

This Accord is better than me
By glastonbury on 01/24/15 09:50 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I rent all makes and models of cars for work (I travel quite a bit). I don't work for, or have any affiliation, with any car brand. I can say the Accord (I have a 2014 EXL) was my favorite in the mid-size lot on build quality, engine design, ride, and comfort. It's as if Honda knows this is a big seller car, and so puts in even a little extra engineering thought into their top seller. Paradoxically, yes, the Honda is a toaster in one respect (there are so many out there); however, it's this very reason the car is so well designed.

Great Car
By srijal on 01/05/15 13:53 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Got a great deal on the car. I've owned honda civic, toyota camry and acura rsx in the past and this is one of the best cars I've owned so far. I'm very light driver (take train to work) so I've just put over 8,000 miles in last 10 months and it's has been great. Electronic Stability Control worked great while driving during snow storm. So far so good.

Had to trade it in after four months
By suziesivlerado on 12/25/14 04:24 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I thought I was going to really like this car, but found it to be uncomfortable with an overwhelming amount of road noise. I'm 5 foot 2 and the seats (slightly concave design at the mid secti) never worked for me, Also the front head restraints pushed my head too far forward, and only were comfortable (tolerable) when I turned them backwards. The back seat covers never fit right (despite 2 replacement efforts) could not repair. The navigations system was useless. When I searched for local restaurants or shops it gave me a listing for restaurants 500 miles away. Lastly the voice recognition interface worked intermittently.

So Far, So Good
By penguin103 on 12/23/14 10:00 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased my 2014 Accord LX CVT new in late October, 2014. So far, they only issue I have had is with the TPMS light coming on with 94 miles on it. Dealer admitted they forgot to calibrate it when it went through pre-inspection delivery and apologized for the error. No problems since that happened. After all of the great Honda incentives, I ended up paying $19,419 plus TTL and took advantage of the 0.9% for 60 months. All of this makes this vehicle an incredible value.

Perfect car
By noey914 on 12/21/14 16:31 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased a 2014 Accord Sport just about 1yr ago. Have put on 16,000 miles so far. Absolutely love the car. Was very hesitant over the CVT but it actually makes the car. Very smooth and great mpg...always average better then what they say it should. Plenty of power and fun to drive. Great package. Highly recommend.

Buying considerations vs competitors
By bill1000 on 12/09/14 10:53 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Considered Mazda6, Accord, TLX, Camry and Fusion. Ruled out last 2 for styling and reliability reasons respectively. Based on reviews and idea that I want something not everyone else has, Mazda6 was the front runner. Then I test drove all three. If price was somewhat close, I would have likely bought TLX (traded in a TL) but its a new model(no haggling) so price differential was just too much. Really liked the drive of the Mazda as do most people. Then drove the Accord and was actually surprised at how much I liked the drive and feel. It just felt good on the road and quiet. Not saying it drove better than Mazda, but pretty close. In the end, the Honda reliability and "feel" won me over.

1 2 3 4 5 next »