Used 2014 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Certified Pre-Owned Accord Sport
By Kevin H.

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased a Honda Certified pre-owned 2014 Accord Sport with the 6M transmission. I have only had the car for two weeks but I am very happy so far. This car is my daily driver for my 60 mile round trip commute. The Honda is replacing my 2008 Mazda 3 Hatchback (2.3 liter 5-speed manual). I loved my Mazda but wanted something a little more refined and still sporty. The Accord Sport has delivered on both. Definitely a more quiet, refined ride yet still sporty. Several magazine tests show the Accord Sport with the 6 speed manual is capable of a zero to sixty times in the mid to high six second range. That is a full second faster than the Mazda 3. The Accord has a great shifter and the 2.4 liter four does rev out nicely (and sounds good). So far the combined fuel mileage (per the on board mpg indicator) is 29.8. The EPA combined estimate is 28 mpg for the Sport with 6-speed manual. I have seen 34 on the highway. This is on par with my Mazda 3 so I am happy to have a larger more refined car with as good or better fuel mileage. The interior is nice and feels well made. The driver seat is comfortable for me (5'8" \ 160lb) and has a lot of adjustment. The steering wheel is both tilting and telescopic so finding a good driving position is quite easy. It has a dual zone climate control and the ac cools very well. The audio system sounds good and Bluetooth links easily to my LG phone. Pandora plays well through the Bluetooth link. The Accord is much quieter than my Mazda 3 so that is a nice change. It just feels like a more "grown-up" car. Obviously I can't speak to reliability yet but based on previous Honda products I have owned (1993 Honda CBR 1000F, 2003 Honda AquaTraxx, 1991 and 1995 Acura Legends) I feel confident that reliability will not be a concern. My Sport is the black onyx and looks very sharp. To me the Accords look much better in person. Pictures don't seem to catch all the lines and compound curves of the body.

Honda Accord Sport-good value among competition
By K Duffy

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Good car overall for the money. Good fuel economy, looks sporty, typical Honda dependability!

Great Car But
By rgtoth

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Good mileage in town or on highway. Great handling and responsive for 4 cyl. Road noise very pronounced at higher speeds on interstates especially on concrete pavement. It would be a No. 1 car if Honda could quite it down. In fact the whole honda line including Acura have the same noise issues.

Can't go wrong
By K

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car is simply amazing, I'm pretty much in love with it. I sat in the front, the passenger, the back seats, all the seats are extremely comfortable. I really do not know what all the complaining is about. I am 5'10 and 200lbs of medium muscular build and this car fits me perfectly.
The performance of the car is amazing. The engine puts out intense power for its small size and fuel economy is still at 40mpg when you are driving it properly. The "Eco" button is great. The car holds the road very stable and the suspension is a smooth ride. It feels like a caddilac. A little rougher over bumps and stuff than I expected but that is probably because it still has factory tires.
Someone said the trunk is small. Sorry guys, this trunk is utterly massive. You could literally fit two grown adults inside it and have room to spare.
Someone complained about folding seats. As far as I am aware my back seats do not fold down at all. This isn't an issue for me.
The interior is so spacious, luxuriant, and aesthetically attractive as well as utilitarian and useful, that I simply could not ever criticize any one thing about it. Everything down to the spring-loaded cupholder that "hugs" your cup so that any size cup fits it. The rear windows are positioned so well and so large that checking my blindspots or seeing behind me could not possibly be any easier. The shifting is liquid smooth when you do it properly and the steering response is incredible. I have driven over 3,000 miles now and these are literally the only two complaints I have:
There is no gear indicator. Is this really necessary? No. Would it be nice? Yeah. But who cares.
I cannot adjust the brightness on my instrument panel (Tach, speedo, etc.). It is available on some models, but apparently not mine. This makes no sense to me.

So, for all the things that you could complain about in a car, the seats, the performance, the price, the interior, any of it, I literally could only find two infinitesimal and non-issue things to complain about.

Buy this car today.

50,000 miles and still the best
By Chris

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I did a review at about 15000 miles and now I have over 50000 miles on my 2014 Accord EX so I thought I would share an update. As far as the engine and manual transmission, both are still silky smooth and gas mileage easily exceeds the EPA estimates. The interior is holding up well other than the clutch pedal which has worn through to the metal on one side. I replaced the OEM tires at 40000 miles with softer rubber and the ride vastly improved, the original tires were bias towards fuel savings and also didn’t have the road handling abilities of the replacements.
On the outside she has acquired a bit of road rash, but nothing that is the fault of the car.
Overall, I still highly recommend the 2014 Accord Ex with a manual transmission. The combination of performance, gas mileage, room can’t be matched. The car is a great value.
Oh, and it’s never been in need of a single repair or recall.