2014 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Accord 2014
By shennaw

2014 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I feel my new Honda is very reliable, spacious, fast, and stylish.

I love the Bluetooth feature because it allows me to drive and talk on the phone without have to hold the phone. I can also listen to music from my phone and sync it to my car's radio.

I wish my car had XM radio in it and a change holder like my last Honda civic, but other than that I love it.

I like it better every day
By danwallaceorg

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my black Accord Sport as a "leftover" 2014 in October of 2014. As of late March 2015, I have driven the car for 13,100 miles. The Accord Sport is very, very comfortable to drive. (I am 6', 220 lbs.) The back seat is giant for its class. The active sound cancelling works quite well -- reducing fatigue on my long trips. I have never reset the trip "B" fuel mileage calculation. Before winter, the overall average was at 34.3 mpg. Currently, after a very cold winter it reads 30.8 mpg. 95% of my driving is mixed urban. One strange thing, which my son also noticed, the highway fuel mileage is 3-4 mpg lower WITH cruise control than without - even in ECO mode.

The continuously variable transmission (CVT) is fantastic! Very responsive and well-behaved. It is especially fun to hold the accelerator to the floor, until top speed, and listen to that beautiful Earth Dreams 2.4 hang out for awhile around 6500! While a little stiff on SE Michigan's third-world quality roads, the Sport handles very well. The almost silly paddle-shifters are handy for downshift braking, in stop & go traffic.

The dealer-installed, Honda-authorized remote start stalls the engine when the doors are unlocked. How bizarre! My last five (Chrysler and GM) vehicles have featured remote start, and did not have to be restarted upon entry. The lack of heated outside mirrors on the Sport package is a bit disappointing. And, there is no (reasonable) way to add heated mirrors, because the Sport uses unique electrical harnesses.

Ticking noise is driving me crazy!
By pebbycree

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Have taken the car in at least 9 times (I stopped counting) for interior noises...in the dashboard, in the doors, in the glovebox. I now have to ride around with the glovebox open...that the only way to stop the ticking sound. Service dept can never replicate the noise so I'm stuck. Glovebox door closed - ticking sound; glovebox door open - ticking sound. You would think they could figure it out, but they can't. I plan to have them remove glovebox door and I'll try to fix on my own. Very nice car otherwise...but that's what I get for switching from Toyota. You spend $25000 on a car and have to drive around with glovebox open... Only 11000 miles at 14 months...because I hate to drive it.

Blind spot camera Bluetooth audio CVT Touch door handles for lock/unlock Push button start

Vehicle rides a little low - would raise ground clearance. Stop using cheap plastics that rattle. Add tray inside the center console. Headrests make you tilt your head forward - very uncomfortable. Use wider tires - would help with lateral stability and looks.

2014 Accord EX Sedan.....Love it!
By Michael Trager

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My new Accord EX is excellent with its CVT and new engine. Plenty of power, smooth, and great gas mileage!

CVT, Engine, Push Button Start, quality and looks of engine - nice clean layout. Honda doesn't have to hide their engines under plastic covers! Mileage remaining is great along along with all the info the computer retains..... Great car - especially on the highway. Plenty of power even in economy mode. No need for a turbo or V6.

More use of LED lights throughout the car.

not impressed
By Susan Schayes

2014 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

A lot of people love this car. I bought one based on the test drive and was sorely disappointed. There was a lot of vibration in the engine which extended to the steering wheel. The navigation system was very difficult to use. The front seat was uncomfortable for my 5'3 frame. The worst thing was the noise level. This car was noisy at 45 and horrible on the highway. I got rid of it after four months.

Gas mileage.

noise reduction. better shaped seats (for smaller people), no more engine vibration. improved navigation (get rid of the tacky lighting too.)