2014 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Perfect car
By noey914 on 12/21/14 16:31 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased a 2014 Accord Sport just about 1yr ago. Have put on 16,000 miles so far. Absolutely love the car. Was very hesitant over the CVT but it actually makes the car. Very smooth and great mpg...always average better then what they say it should. Plenty of power and fun to drive. Great package. Highly recommend.

Buying considerations vs competitors
By bill1000 on 12/09/14 10:53 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Considered Mazda6, Accord, TLX, Camry and Fusion. Ruled out last 2 for styling and reliability reasons respectively. Based on reviews and idea that I want something not everyone else has, Mazda6 was the front runner. Then I test drove all three. If price was somewhat close, I would have likely bought TLX (traded in a TL) but its a new model(no haggling) so price differential was just too much. Really liked the drive of the Mazda as do most people. Then drove the Accord and was actually surprised at how much I liked the drive and feel. It just felt good on the road and quiet. Not saying it drove better than Mazda, but pretty close. In the end, the Honda reliability and "feel" won me over.

Smart Buy
By rac10 on 11/13/14 11:56 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was going to buy the Accord coupe but the Sport was so much more car for the price. If Honda offered the Sport in the coupe I would have purchased it instead. The 2.4 engine is one of the best 4 cylinder engine made. Don't think it is too small and under power, it's not. I bought this new from a high volume dealer that had the best pricing in the state. For the price nothing comes close. After driving it for 6000 miles I like it more every time I drive it. I picked the CVT over the manual, both have their advantages but I didn't want to shift for the next ten years. The performance reviews for this class, Honda comes out on top. Many reviewer's pick the $6000 more Mazda 6 over the Honda.

The 2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4cylinder
By cardo111 on 11/10/14 15:29 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven about 1,200 miles on my new Accord prior to writing this review, only time will tell long- term reliability. This is my 3rd Honda and the interior in this trim level is upscale and quieter than previous Hondas. The CVT transmission is responsive and takes a little getting used to. If you live in the snow belt you may want to give the 2015 Subaru Legacy a close look as it to has also been much improved. The Accord handles well , I really like the electric assist power steering, it makes a big difference. The infotainment system on this trim level and higher is a little more complicated than it should be, however the more I use it the better I get at navigating through it.

Best value out there
By drewbs91 on 11/05/14 19:07 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Honda already has an outstanding reputation with its Accord, so I had high expectations when I went to the dealer, I was not disappointed. The car is absolutely stunning to behold, with it's beautiful design, and I get compliments all the time. It amazes me that for just over $20k, People think it is around $40k just by it's appearance. I also was looking at Mazda and the Honda was much more well mannered and so quiet on the highway. It is like driving a nimble luxury sedan at a great affordable price.

3000 miles in.
By vincent33 on 11/03/14 13:59 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Recently forced to purchase a vehicle, rather than playing another round of used care roulette, I bought this Accord. Why? GM has blood on its hands, Ford (previous car was rusting out at 9 years/no more money to Ford!).Toyota (my last new purchase)got stale fast. Mazda 6, was a shoe in, but seat was too 'tight' and lots of black plastic, didn't bother driving it. The Honda's rear seat is huge! I was skeptical about CVT (almost bought 2013 because of it) CVT is great "magic carpet ride". I'm a gear head, but drive moderately, it's a very nice package. CVT has a couple quirks, but it's great, I now think traditional transmissions to feel antiquated in most situations (normal driving).

Good car but still has error.
By philong on 10/27/14 16:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2014 Accord 2.4 EX-L one and a half month ago. The first time, due to I just moved to Georgia, they denied to give me a road test with another state's driver license. The first time when I received it, it was a good car. But after 3 weeks, the Forward Collision Warning poped up random while nothing in front of my car and the camera was clear. I took it to Honda Service for 4 times about this problem. They told me that they checked everything and nothing wrong. When I drove the car home, it happened again and they told that it was weird situation. I need to bring it many weeks to check this problem, but nothing solved. The other problem is about the noise from the windows.

doesn't drive striaght
By s3dutra on 10/11/14 08:57 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

brand new off the lot 0 miles, 6 months later problems with steering, car pulls to the right. have had an alignment done and the steering wheel had to be reset on 2 separate occasions. the problem still exists but honda denies that the car has any issue even though it had to be serviced 3 times now. do not but this car. honda will not work with at all!!!!!!!

Just keeps getting better.
By pmpetersen on 10/10/14 17:04 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord LX-S 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is the 4th new accord I have purchased. My first one faithfully served for 18 years and I am finishing my 7th year with my third. #2 got totaled at 12 years of age. The improvements in noise and fuel economy compared to the 8th generation is nothing short of astounding. Computer regularly shows 36 on the highway and averages overall about 29. The CVT with paddle shifters is really smooth in operation always having the correct ratio. I love clicking the negative paddle to increase the engine braking when going down hills and off ramps. Sport mode brings the engine to life for twisties. A manual will always be more fun but living in PDX metro area traffic is too frequent for it.

Buyer beware: The uncomfortable driver's seat should be recalled!!!
By mybackhurts on 10/10/14 11:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I test drove my new Accord for a few miles and everything felt fine. I immediately felt lower back pain when driving the car home from the dealer. After making daily adjustments to the seat, and trying different seat cushions and lumbar supports, I came to the disappointing conclusion I'll never be able to comfortably drive this car. The driver's seat should be recalled to address the following issues: 1. The metal plate in the lower seat back stabs into my back causing debilitating pain after a 15 minute ride. 2. The active head restraints lean too far forward causing severe discomfort on my neck and back. 3. The seats are far too firm, like sitting on cinder blocks.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda Accord in VA is:

$150 per month*