2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Very Impressed!

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Very Impressed!
By dano100 on

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I leased an EXL and the car has exceeded my expectations. Having driven a 2007 Infiniti G35X the last 6 years I was prepared for a letdown. Although the Accord is no sports sedan it fulfills my current needs. It is very comfortable, roomy, stylish and gets outstanding gas mileage.
The CVT performs flawlessly and although I was originally hesitant about it I now prefer it to the traditional 5 speed auto in the previous Accords.
My only complaint is the sound quality of the stereo. It's mediocre at best.

Update: on November 1, 2013 we were returning to Ohio from a vacation in Florida. Traffic was stopped due to a disabled vehicle in the middle lane on I 65N in Nashville Tn. I had to come to a complete stop as the disabled vehicle was in my lane. Cars and trucks were traveling at 65-75mph. Within 15 sec. of stopping we were rear ended by a Chevy Astro Van towing an enclosed trailer. We were driven into the disabled vehicle with such impact it knocked it forward 50 yards. To my amazement the Accord's cabin remained completely intact although the front and rear end of the car were unrecognizable. My wife was in the front seat with no visible injuries and my 90 yr. old mother in law was sitting behind me in the back seat and her injuries were slight. A piece of interior trim on the C pillar broke off and hit the back of her head, leaving an egg sized contusion. She had a few cuts from the rear window shattering. All three of us suffered from minor whiplash but that is it. The officer on the scene and one ambulance attendant both remarked about how safe the Accord kept us. GREAT JOB HONDA!!!!! I can't say enough about how grateful we are to have walked away from such a horrific accident. Honda's ACE body structure is no sales pitch, it's a well engineered safety passenger compartment.

• Outward visibility
  • Active safety
  • Headlights
  • Maintenance cost

• Entertainment

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By suydam
on 08/02/13 16:07 PM (UTC)

I also miss the Homelink. However, there is a handy little square space behind the shifter where a garage transmitter fits nicely. A good compromise!