2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Switched from BMW to Honda Acc

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Switched from BMW to Honda Accord
By inbaskingridge on

2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

My lease was up on my 2010 BMW 328i x-drive (AWD) and I decided to get off the lease treadmill and buy...in this case a 2013 Accord EX-L with navigation. Overall, I am very happy with the switch. This is the first Honda I've owned. Build quality is excellent, road noise is probably less than my BMW.

Excellent features: - back-up and right side cameras are really cool and definitely good safety features - mileage meets my high expectations. Can get 38 MPG highway if I keep it at or under 65 (A/C off). This is more than the EPA rating. - Eco setting encourages better driving behavior - lowers throttle response, uses less power for heated seats, etc. I only use the Eco setting. - the looks are similar to my BMW - not an old fogey car by any stretch - active noise cancellation - helps make the cabin quiet.

- need to offer height adjustment on the passenger seat. Driver seat has this. But not the passenger. - need heated steering wheel - my hands are still cold when I drive this I the winter...my BMW had this. - navigation system has built in real time traffic, but it is too "sensitive" trying to reroute me when there is really no unusual traffic situation - navigation system reboots when trying to pronounce certain street names. I reported this and a software fix has been promised for Feruary 2013.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review