8 of 16 people found this review helpful
Switched from BMW to Honda Accord
By inbaskingridge on
2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
My lease was up on my 2010 BMW 328i x-drive (AWD) and I decided to get off the lease treadmill and buy...in this case a 2013 Accord EX-L with navigation.
Overall, I am very happy with the switch.
This is the first Honda I've owned.
Build quality is excellent, road noise is probably less than my BMW.
- back-up and right side cameras are really cool and definitely good safety features
- mileage meets my high expectations.
Can get 38 MPG highway if I keep it at or under 65 (A/C off). This is more than the EPA rating.
- Eco setting encourages better driving behavior - lowers throttle response, uses less power for heated seats, etc.
I only use the Eco setting.
- the looks are similar to my BMW - not an old fogey car by any stretch
- active noise cancellation - helps make the cabin quiet.
- need to offer height adjustment on the passenger seat. Driver seat has this. But not the passenger.
- need heated steering wheel - my hands are still cold when I drive this I the winter...my BMW had this.
- navigation system has built in real time traffic, but it is too "sensitive" trying to reroute me when there is really no unusual traffic situation
- navigation system reboots when trying to pronounce certain street names.
I reported this and a software fix has been promised for Feruary 2013.