2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Still in the Honeymoon, but Fe

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Still in the Honeymoon, but Feeling Much Love
By eljefe68 on

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My wife's '04 VW Passat GLS 4Motion came to its deserving end due to an accident and subsequent declaration as a total loss. We were looking at CUV's, but cost and fuel economy were concerns. My wife had 3 requests: better MPG, a moonroof, and cloth seats. In looking at sedans, I just could not see a boring Camry, and the spotty build quality of our Passat soured me on another VW. I found our 2013 Accord EX, Alabster Silver with black interior as a CPO car with just 12,800 miles on it. To my amazement, my wife, who has accused me of being a blinded Hondaphile, said, after driving this Accord, that it "spoke" to her. Four days into ownership, both of us are very pleased.

Peformance: New Earthdreams K24 has torque! CVT that nearly behaves like a standard slushbox. 185HP and so far getting in the high 20s in mostly city driving. For a four door family car, it handles wonderfully. The ride is firmer but is still comfortable, even on bumpy Houston roads. Exterior: The wife likes the color, handsome styling, fog lights. Interior: Comfortable Front Seats, Roomy back seat, power driver's seat, blue-tooth connectivity, auto climate control.

Truly niggles: better exhaust note - to my ears it just sounds a little buzzy. I plan getting the accessory door sills to add some protection and pop, and possible also the cargo net or cargo hooks.