Steering Wheel Noise & Break Noise
By inkwell4ll on
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased my 2013 Honda Accord V6 used with 10k miles on the odometer; I now have 12k after a month of driving. I’ve noticed the ticking noise in the steering wheel and a metal on metal scraping noise coming from the brakes. I’m taking it to the dealer tomorrow for their diagnostics of the problem. The exterior redesigned is one of major reasons I settled on the Honda not to mention its track record for reliability. The DNA of this car is Honda, I’m positive the engineers were not shooting for a 4dr NSX when they redesigned the Accord. With that being said, what I was looking for was a middle of the road transporter with decent gas mileage.
Favorite Features
I enjoy the V6 power and the ability to refuel the vehicle with unleaded fuel. The size of the vehicle is substantial and comfortable enough. The technology meets the comforts standards of our day-to-day electronic life. The layout of the instrument panel and ergonomics are thoughtful. The touchscreen and the use of actual buttons work well together, not to many buttons and not to many touch features. Again, it is a Honda Accord and its target audience is the practical commuter with an affordable price tag.
Suggested Improvements
I recommend an upgrade in the seat cushion material; I’m not sold on the electronic mapping of the econ feature, which reduces power for optimal fuel efficiency. If the side mirrors would cant downward automatically while backing would be a welcome safety measure. If Honda can rectify the aforementioned issues, and their track record of reliability remains, I will be pleased with the purchase of this vehicle.