Sadly Disappointed
By cappy4103 on
2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
This is my 6th Accord & 8th Honda. I want to like this car but I do not. I love the look of the car, inside and out but that's where the love ends! I find the ride to be terrible. I don't know if its due to the redesign or a shorter wheel base, but the ride seems choppy to me and the suspension is so stiff that every bump seems amplified right into the passenger compartment. The stiff suspension may seem sporty at first but after 8K miles, you'll be tired of it. Another cause might be from the leather seats. The leather is too stiff and there isn't enough padding on the bottom which could contribute to the the fillings in my teeth being jarred lose! Also having radio issues.
Favorite Features
Love the look or the car, build quality and projected reliably. Love the satellite radio. Not partial to the CVT transmission or the gas mileage. After 8000 miles, I average 30mpg combined driving but can't seem to bet better than 32 mpg on the highway (NY to Florida and back at 72 mph). Very disappointing. I've always been able to get the mileage estimates listed on the window sticker. Also having an issue with static on the radio. Something is wrong with it but that issue just began so haven't brought it to Honda's attention yet. Lastly, the touch screen controls for the radio and the HVAC controls do not seem intrinsic to me. I find myself taking my eyes off the road for too long.
Suggested Improvements
Not partial to the LDW alert tone. Goes off way too often, when I hug a lane marker of move from lane wihout signaling. Wish that Honda when with an amber light that appears in the side view mirror instead. Same for the passenger bling spot camera. I find this more as a distraction than helpful. Rather than having a video of traffic that's on the right side of the vehicle appear in the dashboard, how about a simple amble light that comes on in the passenger side mirror indicating traffic is nearby. Off the 6 spped transmission in this car. Got better gas mileage in my 2011 Accord with the traditional 5 speed automatic than I do with the CVT. Offer satelite radio in the EX model.