Rough Ride
By krausejohn on
2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have had a 2008 and 2011 Accord and the 2013 is the roughest ride I have ever experienced. I took it in for service as I thought this cannot be by design. The tech said the transmission is designed to downshift when you take your foot off the gas (regardless of whether you want to slow or not). The constant shifting between gears makes for a very rough ride. I constantly have the desire to shift to neutral to stop the shifting. Clearly a step down from the 2011 Accord. The Navigation system is also a downgrade from the 2011 model. Be cautious with buying the vehicle especially if you have been happy with previous accords.
Favorite Features
The interior design is nicer than older models but from a function standpoint, there is nothing desirable about the 2013 Accord compared to the 2011.
Suggested Improvements
Go back to the old transmission and the old navigation systems.
By sj1417
on 09/30/13 18:26 PM (PDT)

The "engine braking" on this car IS very noticeable, and is annoying especially once you're aware of it. And it happens at all different speeds (40, 30, 15 mph). Not like previous Accords at all.

By rtlh
on 10/05/13 12:31 PM (PDT)

I agree with you and am experiencing the same problem. If Honda does not correct this problem they will have a very difficult time selling this car in the future. Even if they find no problem the ride is completely unacceptable

By fuguf1sh
on 11/26/13 10:22 AM (PST)

Yes, the Honda Grade "Logic" is too intrusive. I'll worry about my vehicle's speed, I don't want my transmission downshifting on the highway to slow me down. Driving on a hilly road at 55 with cruise control will treat you to sudden downshifts and RPM surges. Ridiculous. Honda, let us turn this feature off!