2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: The V-6 Vibrator--Don't Buy!

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX-L V-6 Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

The V-6 Vibrator--Don't Buy!
By frogee on

2013 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After five months with the extremely annoying vibration from my Accord, I traded it on a 2010 Infiniti G37, taking a big financial hit. Honda says the vibration is "normal", as in normal for a 3-cylinder car, that is. Unfortunately, this condition was not apparent on the test drive, so be forewarned if you are considering purchasing the V-6. Variable Cylinder Management may yield very good MPG, but at the expense of a terrible drive experience. I have requested compensation from American Honda, but am not optimistic.

Comfort, good power when actually using all six cylinders

Either get rid of the Variable Cylinder Management feature or make it less aggressive. It was not noticeable at speeds over 65mph but was terrible around town at 45mph.
By triton189
on 05/28/13 17:57 PM (PDT)

Same reason I got rid of my 2008 V6 Accord. Except mine was bad between 65-70 as it did not know which cylinders it wanted to run in. Had a surge that was very annoying at highway cruising speed. Would even do it with the cruise on. I am not a fan of variable cylinder engines as I have been burnt twice now... Once by Honda and then by GM.