Great ride, needs more standard options
By k_rock on
2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
This is my 2nd Honda, but first Accord, I had an 02 CRV that I loved but needed an upgrade and better mpg. I feel in love with the Accord exterior and really like the pick up that it has for a 4 cylinder. I decided to stay with the Honda brand as I had over 220K miles on mine and the only maintenance that I did was tune ups and standard oil changes, brakes, etc. I may be spent 2K on mechanical issues over the 10 years that I owned it. I love how the controls are easily, much better than in my 02 crv, I kept having to reach way forward to change radio stations. I was a little disappointed with the features that we not on the passenger side with the seat.
Favorite Features
The things that I absolutely love are: Mpg!! Heated seats Bluetooth connectivity to play my music Forward collision warning Lane departure warning Blind spot monitor Adjustable driver seat Keyless entry and push button start The exterior sporty look
Suggested Improvements
There are 3 different mpg views for the dash screen, but no way to see a digital speedometer. I commute 2 and a half hours a day and have back issues, so I need to have my seat high but, my steering wheel low. Where the steering wheel is now I can not see ow fast I am going. The lumbar support does not adjust up or down for the driver. There is no adjustable seat height or lumbar support for the passenger which I thought was really weird. Remote starter is an extra….and when you have one professional installed at the dealer there is no integrated remote starter, meaning you need two key remotes. One key for the remote starter and one for operating the vehicle.
By sandy3858
on 02/08/14 10:44 AM (PST)

My girlfriend bought a 2013 Accord based on the wonderful reports in CR magazine. She loves the car, but yesterday might have changed her opinion. She lives in Upstate NY and she hadn't driven the car for three days, but decided to go shopping and off she went. Returning home after about a roundtrip of five miles, she turned off the vehicle for about five minutes and it would not start. AAA was called and provided a jumpstart, but said their tester indicated the battery would not hold a charge. She them drove the car to the dealer for their assessment. Their answer was these cars need to be driven every couple days at least and if not, the owner should by a trickle charger. It's 2014! No new car owner should have to buy a trickle charger. Honda missed the boat on this one. The battery is way too weak and their should be some sort of consumer action against the company. Excuse me. I have to leave to plug in the trickle charger.