2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Great car with some design iss

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

2013 Honda Accord

EX Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Great car with some design issues
By ee2 on

2013 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It has great power, gets decent gas millage, it is pretty comfortable to drive. A few minor changes are called for and one MAJOR one. The cup holders are right behind the stick shift, so as you shift, you are constantly hitting the cups/straws/tall water bottles. The windshield wipers on mine streak alot. At about 1000 miles I changed the rubber on my dime (OEM Honda). Made no difference.

The major issue is that the hands free bluetooth software seems to have been designed by an engineering school drop out. The text reading is almost incomprehensible. No point in it since it does not make driving safer if you can't understand it. Phone book features are terrible.

Update @ 44k miles: I have taken this car on several long trips >5 hrs long. The seats are not comfortable for long trips. I end up with lower back pain, hips hurt and get tight and no matter how I adjust the seat, I can't get it comfortable. Honda makes very reliable cars, I have not done anything to mine since I got it other than oil changes. I have always had Hondas and they all have had at least 200k miles before replacing them. However, my next car is not going to be Honda. They need to learn to make a more comfortable car. They get many things right, but I don't think their focus is not on comfort. My highest criteria now is comfort now. I can get comfort and reliability from other brands (Lexus)

• Getting in out
  • Ride comfort

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review