Will keep you updated...
By spartan949 on
2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
Well I originally was looking at the EX-L however did not really like the touch screen below the main screen. I opted for the Sport mainly for the wheels and the control knob below the main info screen. I prefer knobs over touch screens. Personal preference. Car feel larger inside then it looks, and the ride is firm yet in control. Was never a fan of CVT trans however I can honestly say that you rarely feel any of the rubber band pulling that I have expierenced in my Honda Insight. They may have started to figure it out. I personally liked the Mazda 6 however the only positive I had to buying Mazda was that it had a automatic trans opposed to CVT. Otherwise the Accord wins in all areas.
Favorite Features
Sport Seats have very nice fabric, appears to be able to last a long time. Plenty of info through the screens and dash display. Backseats are extermely roomy I am 6'2" and can nicely sit behind my driving position. Sport Wheels, spoiler, and dual exahust are a must once you see them on the Accord. 10 way driver seat is awesome, most cars give you 6-8 way at this price. I have 600 miles on the car and drive 50city/50hwy and have been averaging 30.5 MPG which is exactley what I was hoping for!
Suggested Improvements
Trunk lid does not have shocks which leads to a flimsy feeling when opening the trunk. The black/chrome paint throughout the center console although pretty scares me as it will probably scratch and peel easy as time goes on. Seats are stiff and if the driver seat had not been 10 way adjustable I may not have found a comfortable position. Steering wheel is a little small and the speedometer is large, when I move the wheel to the low position I cannot see the speedometer between 40-100mph. I was hoping there was a digital read out option for MPH to fix this however there is not. :(
By spartan949
on 09/26/13 08:13 AM (PDT)

I have now had the vehicle for 3 weeks and have 950 miles and I can say that the car still drives well however small imperfections have arisen. There is quite a bit of wind noise near the drivers side door, does not bother very much to me but I do see what other reviewers were referring to. So if noise like this would bother you be warned...Also there are small rattles starting to sound within the car, they are coming from multiple areas of the car so it is hard to find, they are not constant but they do occurr over bumps/potholes...Also the CVT Trans honestly does not feel bad, however when the car is cold, in the morning especially, you do tend to feel the rubber band effect at initial takeoff and the first few red light stops, then the feeling goes away. All this said at $25K out the door with 7 year 100,000 mile warranty I can say I am not unhappy. However I did feel that these three items needed to be mentioned to potential buyers.

By spartan949
on 04/28/14 13:23 PM (PDT)

Now am at 7k miles and the CVT feels better and barely notice any of the julting. Maybe I have just gotten used to it. In regards to the wind noise I also barely notice, maybe I was really trying to listen to it per the other reviews. But the unfortunate is the rattles which I hear more of. I hear rattles by the arm rest, glove box, steering wheel, and rear seat belt areas. They are not constant and vary in severity and noise level. However one thing I have noticed is that if a heavy person is in the passenger seat I hear a major rattle to the left of the glove box. Wierd....