Perfect fun Sports Sedan when I added two great upgrades....
By lorenzo123 on
2013 Honda Accord Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
This is my 6th Honda Accord (79/80/84/91/05/13), and I've liked every one. BUT this one is in a completely different category. Best car I've ever had - and in many ways. The Sport model was made for "ME" - large inside, handles great, 6 speed manual transmission is great, and very zippy and fun to drive. The 18" wheels really make a difference, as does whatever they did to stiffen the front suspension of the car. Hit 100 MPH driving uphill at 11,000 feet above sea level (5th gear).
Favorite Features
Handling!!! Zippineness. Looks rival Audi and BMW - and nicer than the Acura TL. Today we spent the day driving with three large men - total weight of 625 lbs - 6'1", 6,0" and 6'3" and a full trunk, and car handled great. Easily room for 4 6' men and four sets of golf clubs.
Suggested Improvements
I made two significant upgrades that I highly recommend: I added aftermarket heated leather seats (black, of course) and I upgraded the stereo system (Focal component speakers in front, and Focal coaxial in the rear). BUT one of the key upgrades that I highly recommend is adding sound insulation when you upgrade your stereo system. The base stereo was the only disappointment - not even close to the old sound system in my EX-L (2005). By adding sound insulation (Dynamat) and the above mentioned speakers - my car is quieter than an Acura TL, with a much better sound system and ride experience. All in- with EVERYTHING (heated leather, speakers, and Dynamat - car was $24,850!)
By djape
on 09/05/13 13:31 PM (PDT)

I will be getting the same car in 1 week, so I am curious as to why you would need an extra insulation after installing better speakers? The 2013 accord already comes with ANC (active noise cancellation) system that reduces noise through car's speakers. If you replaced the stock speakers with Focals, does the ANC still work the way it's did with the original speakers?? I am just trying to understand WHY you had to add this Dynamat sound insulation. Please let me know as I might opt for upgrading the sound system too.