Love the 6-speed ! Try one.
By dougn4 on
2013 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
Locating a 6-spd LX was a frustrating experience. If you want one, be persistent, and check dealer inventories on line. I love the smooth manual and engine combination. Our Accord offers a nice balance of comfort, quiet, MPG, performance, and modest cost. The ride is jittery, but it might be a price we pay for its truly crisp handling. Such things as adjustable lumber support should not be held hostage to another 2 grand for a "package", such things as power seats, moonroofs, and a silly useless spoiler. A few ergonomic glitches, detailed below
Favorite Features
Smooth shifting manual Great engine - no surges, no hesitation MPG - I can't get less than 30 overall. I think I can top 35 on a highway trip. The car is quiet - we can carry on a normal conversation.
Suggested Improvements
Storage space is way inadequate - center bin holds very little, glove box is skimpy, door map pockets barely hold maps, and absolutely the worst sunglass holder I've ever seen. You must put your shades in a case, because they tumble out when you open it. The seat needs a touch more lumber support. A $2,000 package to get better back support is no answer. Please, Honda, offer the manual in colors besides gray and black. I don't deserve to be penalized for wanting a manual, and I resent being put through hassles to get the car I want. Try marketing the manual. Maybe people don't know you offer it. In big city areas, you'll find a lot of Europeans and Japanese who prefer manuals.