2013 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Poor gas mileage

2013 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Poor gas mileage
By loyalhonda on

2013 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have ~1,000 miles on my new car and am getting 19/20 mpg in the city instead of the 27mpg advertised. Contacted Honda of America and they will not open a case until the first maintenance check which I assume will be around 7500 miles. Do I have a lemon or have others experienced this problem? I otherwise really like this car and have a been a loyal honda owner for more than 20 years.
By faceofboe
on 01/24/13 23:53 PM (PST)

@loyalhonda - I agree with you. City mileage is very bad on a test drive (overnight) I took with a 2013 Accord EX. Highway mileage was higher though. For a 20 mile trip (5 city, 15 highway) I averaged 28mpg...and I didn't push it.

By thomasr1950
on 01/19/13 16:00 PM (PST)

Mine has 700 mi on it. My mpg is similar to yours in the City, not sure about hwy mpg. I really like the car, i can deal with the mpg, this car is much superior to the earlier Accords.

By andrew_aura1
on 01/11/13 13:08 PM (PST)

Your gas mileage should increase when you put more miles on the car. You should start seeing close to the manufacters estimate at around 3000-4000 miles. The reason why you are not seeing those numbers now is because the engine is not broken in yet once it is you will notice better throttle feedback and better mileage. This was also the case with my 2011 Accord. Hope this helps.